11

"Times spent with cats is never wasted."

  ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇ 

Natsu's point of view:

I woke up to a terrible hangover which was expected since I drank plenty yesterday.

Was it 4 cups of that bitter stuff?

I keep trying to recall the previous events but everything was just a blur.

How did I get back to bed in the first place?

I looked and saw the sun already rose up. I got up bringing my hand to my head. It was throbbing. I looked around the dorm to see if there was any easing medication. After searching the bathroom cabinets and drawers as well as the kitchen cabinets, I couldn't locate any. In addition, my roommates would probably need some since they partied out a bit too hard.

I grabbed my coat and quietly exited the dorm.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Advil....Advil found it." I said as I finished scanning the medicine at the convenience store likewise, I grabbed it. Then I started looking for Pocky. I went to the snack section and saw they only had the chocolate covered ones.

Pocky is Pocky.

I took two packs and made my way to the cashier. He scanned the items and I handed him the amount of cash he needed and left taking the bag.

I opened the first pack of my pocky and bit into it. While walking I came across a few weird noises. They sounded like cats, a group of them. I paused to expect a bunch of cats behind me but didn't see any.

''Meow,"

"Meowww,"

I walked closer to the source of the sound and saw a box. I opened it and it revealed five kittens. Some of them had odd coloring, blue and green while the others were black, light brown and white. The latter was the only female kitten. They were all adorable but taking care of things were a hassle. I tried to walk away from them but when I turned back around they were making more noises. As if they were saying "Please take us,". I walked back to the box and took them. I couldn't just leave them out in the cold. Plus they must be hungry. The convenience store, of course, didn't sell any cat food so I had to walk to the nearest grocery place. On foot, it took quite long instead of driving.

Obviously, no pets were allowed inside but I didn't want to leave them outside where they could be taken. I put the box down in front of the store and started to loosen my scarf so the blue and white kitten could fit while the other three were deep inside my coat. I told them not to move knowing they couldn't understand me. Who knows? And surprisingly the time I paid for their food they didn't move an inch, they stayed put within my clothing.

When I left and stood outside the store to put them back into the box, with the purpose of carrying them to the dorm the kittens clung onto me for warmth as they felt the cold air once again. I sighed I couldn't blame them, imagine how long they were outside for, prior to me showing up.

I got back to the dorm and saw Sting, Gray, and Wendy chilling as if it was their own dorm. I put the bag that contained the Advil on the table and set the cat food to the side. They curiously looked at the animal food.

"Natsu is there pain relievers in that bag?" Sting asked. I nodded and him, Rouge, Gajeel, and Lyon started taking pills from the bottle and having a water to go alongside it.

"That is what happens when you don't know your limits to drinking," Gray said from the couch and Wendy giggled. Lyon handed me the bottle and I took two for my terrible headache. My sister passed me a glass of water and I gulped it down.

"Meowww,"

The room fell silent and everyone looked at me. That's right the kittens.

"Natsu what is beneath your coat?" Gray gave me a questioning look. I took off my scarf and let the two small animals free. The blue one wouldn't let go of me and the white one walked over to Wendy.

"They are so cute and small. Where did you find them?" She asked seeing they had no collars on.

"I found them near Celestial's convenience store." I pulled out the other three kittens from my jacket. The light brown one went to Sting, the green one walked over to Rouge and the black one left to Gajeel.

"Can we keep them?" Wendy asked with puppy eyes.

"It's not like I was keeping all of them anyways." I opened the cat food and let it fill the bowl for all the cats to eat. Once I set it on the ground they all huddled around it, eating the food like there was no tomorrow.

"What are you guys going name your cats?" Gray popped the question.

"Pantherlily!"

"Lector!!"

"Fro..sh"

"Carla!"

Gray snorted at how bizarre the names the cats were given. Lyon burst out laughing pointing his finger at Gajeel hanging onto his stomach.

"P-Pantherlily I just can't!" He walked to his room still laughing. Gajeel huffed and grabbed his pet stroking it's back.

"Pantherlily is way better than the name Lyon."

"No Lector is!" Sting gloated.

Gray interjected, "Could you both not argue about which pet name is better than my brother's." They both groaned and went to their rooms. Wendy left saying she wanted to show her roommates her new cat.

Gray was still here taking quick glancing at me like I couldn't see him.

"What is it, Gray?" I demanded staring right back at him with an annoyed look. He gulped and put his hands in his pockets.

"What happened to your neck?"

Huh, my neck? Wait.

I touched my neck hoping my scarf was still on and I panicked when it wasn't there. I examined the table and saw it was placed nearby from when I let the kittens go. I snatched it and quickly placed it on my neck. I sighed in relief but gave a piercing look at the raven, saying a word that leads to too many questions.

"Don't."