03

"Here we go again with me caring too much when I claim to not care at all."

  ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇ 

Natsu's point of view

"All three of you to my office now," The principal said in a stern voice.

When we left the cafeteria Gray handed me a tissue. "You are getting blood everywhere," He stated and offered me a tissue.

"I could have gotten my own," I whispered to myself.

While walking to the office, Elfman was holding his stomach with a pained look. I started to feel sort of bad.

No, I shouldn't be feeling guilty now, he is the one who started this bullshit.

"Take a seat," Mr. Makarov begun. We all moved into the chairs. Gray sat between Elfman and me.

"Natsu can you explain as to why you're already causing trouble on your first day?" He claimed.

"Trouble? Elfman is the one who made contact first as I simply went to dispose of my garbage." I snorted.

"Gray is this true?" Zeref added in.

Why is Zeref here in the first place?

"By the looks of it, Elfman was the one who swung first," Gray mentioned truthfully.

"There was obviously a reason behind it! It's not manly to make a woman cry." Elfman responded loudly. I just kept picking at my nails. This is was stupid, I could be sleeping right now.

"Besides personal matters, I don't tolerate violence, and Natsu just because he started it does not mean you continue it." The principal said and wrote a few things down.

"I think it was pure self-defense. Did you want me to stand there and get beaten up by the likes of him?" I said without a care.

I didn't plan on humiliating myself that would be the worst.

"In fact, if you weren't there I wou-" I got cut off by Makarov smacking his hand on his desk.

I flinched but quickly kept my composure.

"I don't have time for this you're both getting a suspension, period!" He shouted.

I got out of my seat. "Fine by me," I shrugged my shoulders. I was about to leave the office when I was told to take a seat again. "Natsu you stay here. Elfman, Gray you both can leave." Zeref decided. The principal went to the printing room and it was just us alone.

"What has gotten into you? Do you know how much commotion you caused? You're already setting a bad reputation for yourself. Think about it, father would not be pleased." He finished. I gritted my teeth.

Of course, he wouldn't be pleased.

"Who's reputation mine or yours? Don't go acting-out like an older brother now...and you don't need to tell me what I already know." I clenched my fist and left the room I couldn't even handle the mention of him.

I'm so worthless, that day I should have been the one to be killed not him.

When I got out I saw Gray leaning on the wall and scrolling through his device.

Why is he still here?

"Shouldn't you head back to class?" I asked confused.

"It's half way into second last period no point in going now," He told me.

"Uh okay then," I said in a bored tone.

I started walking back to the dorms with Gray behind me. "Why are you following me?" I glared at him.

He put his hands up. "Chill out, my dorm is right across from yours," He explained in defense. "By the way, shouldn't I get a thank you?" Gray questioned with a smug look.

"I don't recall you doing anything." I disagreed with his statement since I clearly don't remember him doing anything. Even if he did I wouldn't admit it.

"If it wasn't for me you might have gotten something worse than a suspension." The taller male crossed his arms.

Maybe that was true but I could care less.

"I didn't ask you to save my ass." I pointed out and adjusted my scarf. "Come on just say thank you, it wouldn't hurt if you did." He continued whining.

"You know what thanks, thank you so much!" My tone was filled with sarcasm.

Gray dead panned at my reaction.

He still was annoying as ever.

We walked in silence. It was an awkward type of silence.

The quiet was broken when the black haired teen spoke.

"You and Zeref don't get along quite well it seems." The raven addressed.

"So you heard the whole thing? It's bad to eavesdrop." I said into my scarf. I hope he doesn't ask any questions as to what we were referring to in our conversation.

"It was sort of hard not to since you both were so loud," He concluded. Then I just sighed since there was no helping it.

"Let's hang out this Friday after school, we could maybe catch up or something," He mumbled while scratching the back of his neck.

I didn't have work on Fridays, but I didn't feel like going.

"I'm busy" I lied to him.

"Look, Erza and Lucy planned for us four to hang out like old times. Your are going have to come whether you like it or not. Erza even forced me on going." He yawned and quickly went into his dorm before I could respond.

My Friday night was going to be ruined by being forced to interact with people.

Just great.

I was opening the door when I received a text message.

Sting: Tell me what happened -1:04 p.m.

Me: Nothing major, plus you shouldn't be txting in class -1:04 p.m.

Sting: If it wasn't major why aren't you in class -1:05 p.m.

Me: Stop worrying it's just a suspension -1:05 p.m.

(Sting has added Gajeel and Wendy to the chat)

Me: What a bitchy move bumble bee.... -1:06 p.m.

Gajeel: What happened? -1:07 p.m.

Wendy: Did the principal do anything? -1:07 p.m.

Sting: He got a suspension -1:08 p.m.

Gajeel: .... -1:09 p.m.

Wendy: What if mom finds out Natsu -1:09 p.m.

Me: She won't because none of you will tell her -1:09 p.m.

Gajeel: The school calls home for suspensions -1:10 p.m.

Me: Seriously? -1:10 p.m.

Sting: He can't be lying he's been in this school since grade 8 -1:11 p.m.

Me: Whatever happens, happens -1:11 p.m.

Sting: Quoted by spike from cowboy bebop - 1:12 p.m.

Gajeel: This isn't the time for that idiot -1:12 p.m.

Wendy: Lmao -1:12 p.m.

Me: Spot on Sting -1:13 p.m.

Afterward, I locked my phone and went straight to my room. School ended at 3:00 p.m so I had some time before I needed to go to work.

I hope Grandeeney doesn't say much about my suspension, but my hopes are never fulfilled.