Chapter Sixty-Three: Say Goodbye To The Past

AHSOKA TANO

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka spent the entire day meditating, refusing meals or even water. And, much to her relief, everyone was willing to leave her alone enough to concentrate.

She knew that she just needed the day to grieve, before she could continue on with her life and her duties to New Jedi Order and to the Rebellion.

And so she fleshed out her pain and sadness, letting it fill her, carry her nearly to the brink... but stop before it consumed her completely. She couldn't allow herself to fall, as much as she wanted to. She had to stay strong for all the people who needed her to push on.

But even as she meditated on her sorrow, working to separate it from herself, she couldn't ignore the strange feeling from before, which had been there, gnawing incessantly at the back of her mind, for the entire day.

She was missing something, something that felt so obvious it had to be right in front of her. But she just didn't know what...

On a whim, Ahsoka hit the button on her comm that brought up the file labeled 'Never Forget' in her holo archives, and began scrolling through them.

There were a few stills of herself and Anakin from during the war that had been taken from a chip she had kept hidden in a gap in the inner wiring of her lightsaber; from just before Operation Knightfall, and, while he looked more serious here in his dark robes and with his arms crossed, the smile hadn't left him; one of her sixteen-year-old self and Lux, sharing a kiss...

She reached out to touch the tips of her fingers to the bluish light of the hologram, a smile on her face, and let herself bask in the moment.

She scrolled through a few more of herself and Lux together throughout the years. But then, she came across one that showed a slightly older Lux and Anakin together at a fancy dinner, smiling and talking.

"Wait," she whispered to herself. "I don't remember this. What's this doing here? I don't think this ever even happened..."

But then, as if looking up from very deep underwater, she was able to recall it. But the waves high above were slowly but surely washing Anakin out of the image and replacing him with Christopherus Kruger.

And she felt as if she were sinking deeper down.

"My name is Ahsoka Tano," she said, trying to keep a sudden surge of panic under wraps. "I was the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker before I left the Jedi Order. I'm married to Lux Bonteri, and we have four children together. We named my daughter after my mother, the twins after Lux and his father. I named my youngest son Anakin for my Master's bravery and loyalty to the Jedi until the bitter end."

Wait. No. He turned to the Dark Side, a voice reminded her. Don't you remember? He betrayed everyone he cared about in the hopes of achieving unlimited power, even if he thought he was doing it to protecting them.