The Cat

{wow look at this creative title}

Isabella sang along to her playlist as she danced around her room, trying to put her hair up in a ponytail.

As Angelica from Hamilton started to sing, she followed.

"You want a revolution, I want a revelation. So listen to my-"

"Turn away. If you could get me a drink...of water-"

Isabella sighed and answered the FaceTime request on her phone.

"Hello?" She answered, turning away from her phone to focus on her uneven hair strands.

"Isabella? Uh, something kinda happened with an invention." She heard Phineas' voice answer.

"What? What happened?" She asked.
"Uh, just look at the screen." He said.
"Phineas, I'm kinda busy." She sighed.

"Meow"

Isabella dropped her brush as she quickly stared down at her screen.

Instead of her red headed best friend, there was an orange tabby cat sitting calmly on the grass.

"Phineas?! Did you turn yourself into a cat??? I thought you weren't supposed to build with Ferb out of town!" Isabella exclaimed, internally screaming on how cute Phineas looked as a cat.

"I'm not but I couldn't help it. You know I hate not building for so long. I must've picked up the wrong blueprints." Phineas said, sheepishly.

Isabella mentally facepalmed as she grabbed her pink jacket.

"I'll be right over." She said and ended the call.

She nearly crashed into the gate as she got there a few seconds later.

"Phineas?!" She called out.

She spotted the orange tabby sleeping peacefully by the tree.

She sighed and walked over. She sat down with a thump and gently picked up the tom cat.

It woke up and purred softly, burying it's tiny head into her lap as it went back to sleep.

Isabella sighed and stroked it's silly fur.

"Phineas, what am I gonna do with you..."

Isabella peered up at the blue sky that shined down at her. She felt the delicious breeze weave through her hair. In the shade of the tree, she felt happy and peaceful-

"APRIL FOOLS!"

Isabella screamed as Phineas jumped down from the tree, accidentally pushing off the cat who woke up and ran off.

"Phineas Vincent Flynn! You jerk!" Isabella shouted.

Phineas couldn't answer as he bent down in painful laughter.

"O-Oh my god! Did you see your face?! I wish I-I got a picture of that!" He choked out.

She huffed, blowing her bangs out of her face.

"Phineas...it's April 2nd, stupid..."

I'm sorry idk what this is but I just wanted to make a little joke oneshot because I haven't been updating anything like I said I would and I'm sorry but school is so much more stressing  than I thought and also I have marching band and my band director is really serious about it so it's so time consuming and I'm sorry. I try to write when I can but honestly all I have motivation for is little oneshots so if there's a school break coming up soon you'll know I'll try and post then