CHAPTER 11: JEALOUSY?

It was the next day, they had all told our parents that they would be staying away from home for awhile, but still be attending school. Scott, Stiles, Allison and surprisingly, Lydia had told the truth to their parents who had agreed that it was for the best.

"Wait so you told your mom?" Derek asked, surprised.

"I had to. It took hours to explain and Erica had to show her, but she understood." Lydia widened her smile. "Oh and you know my grandma? Turns out she was a banshee as well. After the big talk my mom told me that we had the same strange characteristics. I guess its genetically passed down, well if one is bitten."

Derek nodded, he was wearing a grey wife beater because it was hot out, he'd shaven just a bit and he looked incredibly good looking.

Stiles licked his lips. "Plan of action anyone? I don't mean attack or anything but if I were you I'd like to know some information about them."

Derek cocked his head and his eyes glazed over stiles' face, secretly admiring it. "You got an idea?"

"School files." Stiles explained. "If we can get to them, we look under Sean's name and we can find where he lives, the names of his siblings, where his parents work etcetera."

The pack nodded in agreement "Cora is going to apply to go there so I guess we both can go there to fill in paper work and distract them while you guys get the files, I was going to do it on Wednesday but today is fine." Derek stated, laying out the plan.

They were all around the table, at four in the afternoon, after school. There would still be staff at the school so the group decided that they would go at around five, when the teachers had left and the secretary was there.

=====================================

Cora and Derek walked into the empty reception room, behind the staff door was the place they kept the files. They had planned to keep the woman talking while Stiles grabbed Sean's file.

Stiles waited patiently as the woman talked to the two, signing paperwork. Derek put his hand in his pocket, signalling for Stiles to go through the doorway.

Derek heard Stiles leave the staff room as the receptionist was finishing the paperwork.

They met the kid in the parking lot, he had a cute little smirk on his face. "Did you get it?" Cora asked and Stiles held up the file, grinning.

"I took pictures of every single part. Now we need to return it though."

"Okay. I'll distract the woman, I think she left so there'd be another secretary. I'll just talk to her and Stiles will put the file back. Cora stay here."

"Why aren't I coming?" She asked, leaning against the jeep.

"Because the distraction I'll use requires one person, now stay." And by the peeved look on Stiles' face, he knew he made what he was going to do pretty clear.

Derek walked into the room, confidently. At the desk, just like he had predicted was a different woman. She had long blonde hair and green eyes, she looked his age.

He cleared his throat a little and she looked up, he could hear that her heart was beating really fast. "hey." He said, putting on a charming smile. She seemed to melt.

"Hi. How can I help you?" She asked and Derek began to flirt.

Stiles watched and heard someone shuffle behind him. "Cora, why are you here?" He harsh-whispered.

She giggled. "I didn't wanna miss the show."

Stiles grit his teeth, waiting for the signal. Derek casually put his hand in his pocket and Stiles creeped into the room. He put the file exactly where it was, nearly sneezing at the dust.