The Valentines Dance

"And are you coming to the Valentines Dance?" Mel asked through the phone.

"I hope so. I want to surprise him." I sighed, trying to keep quiet so Misha, Jared or my dad wouldn't hear. They have all been hounding me about it and it was awful. I heard Mel sigh and move around on her bed.

"He misses you. Its actually pathetic." She said. I laughed and shook my head.

"You're pathetic." I smiled.

"Thanks. I know." She laughed.

"You should date Henry."

"I don't know, Sara. I like him but-"

"I knew it!" I shouted, interrupting everything going on. Everyone glared at me, I ruined a scene, I just disrupted everyone. "Sorry, guys, continue with your lives!" I apologized.

"You're such a bum." Mel spoke into the phone.

"I know." I smiled. "Anyway, continue."

"I like him but I just don't know if I want to date him." She said.

"Why not?"

"I don't know. Its such a responsibility I don't know that I'm ready for." She sighed.

"But a relationship is nice for stability. James and I have been together for almost two years now. It's pretty great." I told her.

"You guys haven't even kissed yet." She said.

"Meh." I shrugged. She laughed and suddenly I heard her mom. "Hey Mrs. Young!" I said loudly.

"Hey Sara!" I heard her mom shout back. I smiled and let Mel talk to her mom. After a moment, she spoke into the phone again.

"Mom said I have to do this stupid project." She said. I could just hear her roll her eyes.

"You do that Melly." I smiled. "Tell me how it goes."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and looked up to see my dad staring at me. I smiled shyly as I put my phone in my back pocket. "Hi." I told him. He smiled and shook his head.

"Was that Mel?" He asked. I nodded and he followed suit.

"Yeah. She was just talking to me about school and the Valentines Dance and stuff." I smiled.

"Do you want to go?" He asked.

"I mean, it's tomorrow and don't we have to record?" He smiled and it got me super excited.

"Well, I asked if you wanted to go or not?" He said. I was going to speak but I knew if I did, I would rant so I just nodded. He nodded and then walked away. I just stood there for a moment until Robert yelled my name. I skipped over to him and he smiled.

"You want to go to a school dance?" He asked. I nodded slowly and smiled.

"Yes sir." I spoke quietly. He nodded and looked at the clock on the wall.

"Well, I'll tell you what, Sara. You've been working real hard the past week. I think we can let you and your dad go for a day." He said. My heart dropped, my jaw dropped, my knees buckled but I somehow stayed up. All this in excitement.

"Really?" I squealed. He nodded and I ran up to him and wrapped him in a hug. "Oh my gosh. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Robert laughed and nodded.

"No problem, Sara. You better get going though. Cliff won't want to take you guys if it's past midnight." He joked.

"Cliff honestly wouldn't mind." I laughed. "He's just going to be happy Im doing something normal." Robert nodded and sighed.