Meeting Dad

"You sure about this?" James asked as we stared at the front door. We were a little nervous about him meeting my dad. Mom I wasn't so worried about. My dad though....I was worried about how he would react.

"You'll be fine. Just be yourself." I told him. He nodded and I opened the door.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home! And I kidnapped someone!" I shouted. I heard a small chuckle from the kitchen.

"Well bring them here!" My dad shouted. I grabbed James' hand and dragged him into the kitchen. Mom and dad seemed to be making J.J. a snack. "Hey sweetheart. Who's this?" My dad asked when he seen me with James.

"Hey! This is James." I smiled. James did a small wave and smiled. "We've been hanging out for a while and, well, he took me on a date and asked me to be his girlfriend." My dad, who was smiling before, frowned.

"Girlfriend?" He questioned. I nodded slowly and bit the inside of my cheek. He began walking in a circle around James and I, and we faced forward. I looked at mom and mouthed 'help', she just shrugged and watched what my dad did. "Where'd you take her?" My dad asked.

"I took her to the movies then out to eat." James spoke quietly. I looked at my dad and he glared at James.

"Where were you born, Charles?" He asked.

"Uh...my names James and South Carolina." James answered.

"I'll call you what I want to call you." My dad spoke.

"Dad!" I said sharply, glaring at him. He just shrugged and I looked at my mom with a face that said 'what even is this?' She just smiled a little and shook her head.

"Y-yes sir." James spoke quietly. I looked at him and shook my head. I felt so bad!

"How many other girlfriends have you had?" My dad asked him. His face turned red and he shook his head.

"None, sir." He answered. My dad smirked a bit.

"So...my little Sara's your first girlfriend?" He asked.

"Yes sir." James nodded.

"Sissy!" A voice called. I turned and seen J.J. I smiled and picked up my little sister.

"Hey sweetie. What's up?" I asked, everyone was watching J.J. and I. She shrugged and my dad took J.J. out of my arms and held her on his own.

"J.J. will be the judge. Judge Justice, is this guy good enough for your sister?" he asked. J.J. looked back at me and I smiled. She then looked at James, who also smiled shyly.

"Yes!" J.J. smiled. She leapt from my Dads arms to James' and thank goodness he caught her. "Hi." She smiled. James laughed and said hi as well.

"Alright. Judge Justice has spoken. Hurt my baby...and I'll hurt you." Dad told James. He nodded again and I smiled.

"Don't worry. He just wants to seem intimidating. He's really a giant teddy bear." I laughed. James also laughed but then a slight look of worry came over him.

"I'm sure you can be very scary, sir." He told my dad. I laughed and shook my head.

"Thank you J.J. Love you!" I kissed my sister on the cheek and she giggled. "Let's go! The day's still young!" I grabbed James' arm and yanked him toward the door. "Just going in the yard. Not leaving." I shouted to my parents. We ran out the front door and into the back yard.

"Your dad seems cool." James laughed.

"Absolutely. He isn't normally like that. He's just protective." I said. He nodded.