Fourteen!

I was turning fourteen. It was actually a big surprise to me because I remembered my thirteenth birthday! One Direction had come. It was weird. I hadn't fangirl over them in a long time. One Direction music was just on shuffle sometimes and I took down all the posters. People grow up. I mean, I didn't hate them! No. I knew about Louis and his baby stuff and I knew about Zayn and his solo stuff. I still talked to them sometimes through DMs. Weird how people change in a short period of time.

This year, I decided I wanted to have my birthday in LA. I didn't want a huge party either. I just wanted to hang out at the mall or something. So that's what I was planning to do.

I also wanted to sleep in but we all know how Mel is. "Sara! Get up! You finally turned fourteen!" She shouted, jumping on top of me. I groaned and shoved her on the floor.

"Mel!" I groaned, covering my head with my pillow.

"Come on, birthday girl! Get up!" She shouted, hitting me with another pillow.

"I will stab you in your sleep." I threatened, my voice muffled by my bed. She laughed and shook her head.

"No you won't. You love me. Let's go!" She said. I groaned and sat up. I knew I looked like a troll but I was honestly done getting abused by my friend.

"You're mean." I whined. She giggled and threw clothes at me that I allowed to just hit me in the face. After a moment of looking mad, I burst into a fit of giggles.

"Get dressed! Your mom is making breakfast and then we're waiting on people then you, me and whoever else goes wherever you want." Mel explained.

"Well thank you so much for planning my whole day. I'm glad I can trust you to make right choices and-"

"Oh, and by the way, at three fifteen, I have planned for you and James to make out while everyone cheers you on." I glared at her as she smirked slyly.

"Well, um, no. That's not happening." We laughed and I got dressed in light blue jeans, a gray shirt and black converse. I thought I looked nice. I brushed my hair and Mel dragged me downstairs. "Morning!" I grinned, sitting down at the table.

"Morning." Mom smiled, setting a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of me.

"Oh! Thanks!" I grinned, grabbing the syrup.

"You're getting so old." Mom chuckled, kissing my head. I smiled and took a bite of the pancakes. Mel was eating hers when I heard a knock on the door. Mel wasted no time to grab my wrist and drag me with her mid bite. I threw the fork back on my plate and tried chewing my food. She opened the door and showed James standing there. I instantly felt embarrassed at my full mouth. James smiled when he realized what I was doing.

"Well....happy birthday, Sara. I see you're a little hungry." He said. I swallowed and giggled.

"I just woke up. I'm hungry. Sue me!" I smiled. James smiled and we let him in. We walked into the kitchen and he sat at the table. "Hungry?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Not right now." He told me, a smile on his face. I nodded and sat back down to eat. I finished and Mel dragged me into the living room.

"Now, we just wait for everyone." She said. I nodded and sat on the couch. James sat by me and Mel sat on the recliner. I laid on James' shoulder and got out my phone. Seeing DMs from the 1D boys. I chuckled and sent them thank yous.

Soon, dad walked in with JJ in his arms and Jared waltzing in behind him with Thomas and Shep following. Gen then came in afterwards followed by Misha, Maison, Vicky and West. "Happy birthday, Sara!" All the kids came running to me and I laughed as I was engulfed in all their arms. I noticed James stand up and I knew exactly why. The kids began making their way away and then I screamed as Misha, Jared and dad all tackled me in hugs. The kids jumping on top of them and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I was struggling to breathe but I was happy I was being loved.