Chapter 27 part 1

Chris:

“Go in the bathroom you two,” I said towards Skye and Jordan. Jordan walked towards the bathroom but Skye was frozen.

            “Go!” I demanded. She snapped out of her daze and went into the bathroom with Jordan. When I heard the door lock, I grabbed a gun out of my drawer and tossed it to Kid. I reached under my bed and grabbed a shoe box that held another gun in it.

            “Oh fuck! Aliya and Ariel are downstairs,” Kid cussed. We crept out into the hallway, pointing our guns towards the stairs in case anybody tried to come up them. We quietly jogged down the hallway until we reached the top of the stairs.

            Kid looked back at me and I nodded my head, telling him to go head. “I got your back man.” He nodded and proceeded down the stairs.

            When we reached the bottom of the stairs, I stopped him in his tracks. I heard somebody fumbling with something. Oh shit. I got in front of him and tiptoed into the kitchen. I pointed my gun up and found nobody but I still heard the rumbling. I tiptoed to the dining room and looked into the door frame. Nobody.

            I turned around and saw that Kid wasn’t behind me anymore. Where the fuck did this nigga go? Then I heard a gunshot.

            Pow!

Then I heard Aliya scream. I ran towards her scream and found her looking bewildered with her hands up in the air. Kid had his gun pointed to Aliya and he looked like he was about to die.

            Aliya was standing next to the alarm while it still blared. I ran over to turn it off and noticed I little bullet hole in the wall, not too far away from where Aliya was standing. She was breathing really hard and she looked like she was about to pass out.

            “What happened? Why was the alarm going off?” I urgently asked. She still couldn’t speak. Her eyes were wide, looking right past me. I turned to Kid and he was looking at her with his jaw dropped open.

            Oh shit, he shot at her. I looked at the bullet hole in the wall. He missed her by a couple inches.

            They were both frozen, staring at each other.

            “Guys! Snap out of it now!” I yelled. Aliya jumped when she heard my voice and took in a deep breath. She started to hyperventilate, waving her hand like a fan in front of her face.

            “Aliya! Calm down!” I shouted. She just kept on hyperventilating like she was about to die. I looked around and spotted a vase with flowers in it. I walked over to it and took the flowers out.

            “I know you might be mad, but I have to do this.” I splashed the water from the vase into her face. She finally snapped out of it and her breathing became even again.

            “Oh my goodness. I was… I was… I was just trying to see how it felt outside. I didn’t know the alarm was on and I couldn’t remember the code,” she stuttered. I put the vase down on the floor beside me and sat on the arm of the couch.        

            “You done scared us half to death,” I huffed.

            “I scared yall?! Yall scared me! Kid just fucking shot at me!” she frantically screamed. I looked over at Kid and saw that he was still frozen with the gun pointing up. “Nigga you snap out of it too before I throw some alcohol in your face and burn your eyes. Damn, yall acting like this was a movie scene or some shit. Don’t nobody freeze up for that long in real life.”