Chapter 24

Chris:

“Skye… we need to go to Virginia.”

            As soon as I said that, she popped up and gave me a funny look. I knew she would do that.

            “The fuck do you mean Virginia Chris?! We can’t just go to Virginia. What about school for Jordan? Me and Jordan’s whole lives have been in LA. We can’t just get up and leave like that Chris!” she yelled. I tried to calm her down but she wouldn’t calm down.

            “Ever since you came into my life it’s been fucked up Chris! It feels like I have to follow everything you need us to do now like I’m some type of spy or some shit! I thought you loved me, why the fuck would you let us into your life knowing that you have some fucked up shit behind you that wasn’t finished? Huh? What about Jordan Chris? You’ve been putting him in so much fucking danger too. Maybe I should just leave you all together!” she added.

            “Skye there’s no need to do that! Listen to me!” I begged. She told me to shut up and started to stuff some of her things into a duffel bag. I got up and grabbed her arm but she turned around and slapped the shit out of me. “I’m tired of this shit Chris. Don’t fucking touch me.” She grabbed the duffel bag off the bed and stormed out the room.

            “Jordan, pack some of your stuff. We’re leaving,” I heard her order Jordan down the hall. I ran out the bedroom and down to Jordan’s. The fuck does she mean leave? I thought Jordan was going to put up a fight with her since me and him have gotten back close again but he didn’t. He got up and packed some stuff into his backpack.

            “No Skye. You can’t really leave me,” I said. My voice started to crack because it felt like I was about to cry and die at the same damn time. All she did was look at me and roll her eyes.

            “Bye Chris,” Jordan said, coming out of the room. No. Not Jordan. He can’t leave either. “Nah man, you not leaving,” I told him. Skye stood in front of him defensively. “No, you’re not going to touch my son,” she spat at me.

            Oh so now he’s just her son? I took care of that boy like he was my own and she had the nerve to throw that shit in my fucking face? I chuckled. “Man, that shit ain’t right,” I cussed at her. She shrugged her shoulders and walked down the hallway with Jordan. I ran down the steps after them and grabbed Skye’s arm again when she was about to get to the door.

            “I love you Skye. I love you too Jordan. Yall can’t leave me. No,” I pleaded with a couple tears running down my cheeks.

            “You left me before so now you’re going to know what this shit feels like!” she yelled before walking out of the door. I stood on the porch calling her name. “Skye! Skye! Skye!”

            Then a felt a cold splash of water pour onto my face. I heard myself calling Skye’s name but I was all of a sudden in my bed again. I popped my eyes open and Skye was standing over top of me with a bottle of water.

            “Chris! Are you okay?” she frantically asked. I pulled her down against me and wrapped my arms tightly around her. She laughed and tried to escape my tight grip but I wouldn’t let her go. I thought she really left me.