Chapter 25

**One Month Later**

Chris:

“Chris, maybe you should see some family since we’re here.”

            When Skye said this, I looked up at her from the video game. I let out a deep huff. I really don’t think that she understands how hard that would be for me. I haven’t been here in years, I can’t just pop up like everything’s all cool and dandy. I shook my head.

            “Nah, that’s not going to happen,” I told her, pausing the game because I knew she was going to make this a long conversation. She scoffed and crawled down to the edge of the bed where I was sitting. She must really not understand.

            “Come on Chris! Well let’s go do something. We’ve been here for a month and we haven’t really left the house. The only time is when we need to go get groceries. It’s a Saturday and we’re just sitting in the house. I know Jordan wants to go somewhere and have fun too!” she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes because she knows bringing Jordan into it would make me start to give in.

            “Kid takes Aliya and Ariel around the town sometimes. Like I know this stuff about Damon is going on but shit Chris! The person who’s after you hasn’t done anything in over a month Chris. I know its nerve wrecking to think about somebody being after you but shit… I think we’re safer here than we were in Los Angeles to leave the house. Please?” she begged.

            It’s true. There has been no sign of Anthony in a month. No unusual shit happening around us. No weird texts are calls. Nothing. He seems pretty relaxed for somebody who’s trying to kill somebody. Is he really still going through with it or not? Because a nigga needs to know so I can start living a regular life with Jordan and Skye and also so Kid and Aliya can get their own place and know that everything’s okay. Yall don’t know how much its killing me that over these past almost 3 years how much my ass has been in the damn house.

            Maybe Skye is right. Maybe it is safer to go out here in Virginia than it was to go out in LA. I mean, like she said, Kid has gone out a couple times and nothing happened to him. I know that if Anthony saw Kid on the streets then he would try to kill him just cause he knows that’s my close homeboy and also since Kid was there when the whole thing happened with Damon.

            “I don’t know. Let me think about it,” I finally said, getting up and walking out of the room. I heard her suck her teeth but I couldn’t talk about it anymore. I didn’t feel like it and I didn’t want to. I walked down the stairs to see Kid, Aliya, and Ariel about to go out the door.

            “Where yall going?” I asked. Kid shrugged. “Just driving them around town again.”

            “Damn nigga, fuck you mean driving the around town again. Tappahannock ain’t that damn big,” I laughed. He chuckled and shrugged. “Hey man, might as well live life while it seems we got the time to do it.”

            When they left out, I thought about what he said. Maybe he was right. I might as well live life while I got the time to do it because when Anthony makes the first sign that he’s coming after us, we’re going to be on lockdown. Nobody’s going to be leaving the house except for me and Red. Don’t worry, we came up with a plan for every scenario we could think of and if we leave the house, we have to take a gun with us. Then we have guns underneath the passenger seats of the cars.

            I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I’ve been trying to stop drinking alcohol so much because if I take one sip of it, I’m going to feel I want to drink more and more. No I’m not no damn alcoholic but I’m so stressed that sometimes I feel like I need a drink. Plus, when I get drunk these days I start to act like a monster and I don’t want Jordan to see me like that at all.