Chapter 4 part 2

Chris:

            It was late in the afternoon the next day and we were still sitting in this damn hospital room. Me and Jordan were sitting in the two little chairs they had in the room. Good thing they were cushioned chairs cause I would’ve been left. Well, no I wouldn’t have just left Jordan like that. It’s kind of funny thinking about that because when I first met this kid, I would’ve gladly got up and left. Shit, I wouldn’t have even came in the first place. But now, I couldn’t even think about just leaving him sitting here with his unconscious mother. Even though I didn’t like her.

            Jordan was just staring at a picture of him and his mother I noticed that he must’ve always carried around. They were at the beach. He looked younger in the picture though. I looked at this mother in the picture. She had on a bikini in the picture. Damn. She had a nice ass body. I looked up at his mother laying on the hospital bed with all the hospital machinery connected to her. I really looked at her. She was bad. I never really saw it because we met on bad terms and we’re still on bad terms. But seeing her lay there peacefully without her big ass mouth open, shit I would fuck the shit out of her to be honest.

            Maybe I shouldn’t think about her like that while she was unconscious with her son sitting right next to me. Then I noticed something. She can’t be no older than 30. Shit, to be honest it seems like she couldn’t be more than in her mid-20s. “How older is your mother?” I asked Jordan. He put up a 2 with one hand and a 5 with the other hand. He hasn’t been talking much since we got here. The only thing he would do is pull the chair up to the side of her bed when he needed to sleep and grabbed her hand or looked at that picture of them on the beach.

            25, she’s young to have a son who’s about to turn 9.

            The doctor came in and checked one of the screens had something attached to her. “She has a pulse. She’s just unconscious. Hmmm…” the doctor said, writing something down. “Do you think she will wake up soon?” I asked him. He had an undecisive look on his face. “I’m pretty sure she’ll be up in no more than 2 days. She just passed out. It was nothing fatal. But, it seems like she under a lot of stress due to her blood pressure,” he told me, pushing his glasses up onto his head. Yo, I just wanted to get the fuck out of this hospital. Ever since I was 17, I hated hospitals.

            The doctor walked over to Jordan and knelt down in front of him. “Does your mommy do things like cry a lot?” he asked him. Jordan shook his head no. But I could see in Jordan eyes he wanted to say something else. “Do you hear her talking about her going through a lot of bad things?” he asked. Jordan once again, shook his head no. “Hmm…” the doctor got up and pushed his glasses back down onto his eyes.

            “I’ll be right back. But I garauntee you that your mom will be okay,” the doctor added before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him. “You good?” I asked him. He nodded his head. I got up. “Look, I’m going to go get something to eat for us. I don’t like this nasty hospital food,” I told him. The last time I ate hospital food, I was 17. He nodded his head.

            I wrote down my cellphone number in one of his coloring books. “Call me if you need anything else you can think of. The phone is right there,” I told him, pointing to the hospital phone. He nodded his head again. I gave him one more look and walked out the door.

            I decided to stop at my house first. I didn’t really need to but I just wanted to make it longer until I had to go back to the hospital. I hate being in fucking hospitals. I hate that shit. Ever since I was 17. I walked into my house that I haven’t been in since yesterday morning. “Good to be home,” I said out loud to myself. I threw my keys on the couch and walked straight to my stash of alcohol. I pulled out a bottle of peach ciroc and drunk it straight from the bottle. I wiped my mouth after taking 2 gulps because I knew I had to go back to the hospital with Jordan.