Chapter 17

Skye:

            The next day when I woke up, I had to go to work. I really didn’t want to but I did. I rolled over in the bed and screamed into a pillow. I heard Chris shuffle. He was sleeping in his throne because he said he didn’t want to make me feel uncomfortable in the bed. I scoffed and rolled out of the bed, dragging myself to the bathroom to get ready. I heard Chris get up while I was washing my face. I ignored his movements until he came busting in the bathroom.

            “What the fuck yo?” I exclaimed. He brushed me off and pulled his dick out of his shorts to pee. I looked down at it for a minute but looked away quickly. I grabbed my toothbrush and squirted some toothpaste on it. Distract yourself Skye. When he finished peeing, he flushed the toilet and stuck his dick back in to his shorts. Mind you, I’m at the sink brushing my teeth. He stands behind me and reaches his arms around me to wash his hands.

            “Chris, move.” I pushed him away from me. “Damn, let a nigga wash their fucking hands. Fuck wrong with you?” he asked, before moving me out the way so he could wash his hands. Oh no this motherfucker did not just cuss at me like he did then moved me out the fucking way so he can wash his funky ass hands. I tapped my foot impatiently and he laughed. “The sink awaits you my queen,” he sarcastically said, smiling. I felt my cheeks get hot but I ignored it and pushed him out the bathroom. “Clown,” I said before shutting the door.

            When I finished getting ready, I came out of the bathroom in a towel. Chris was lying across the bed, playing with his phone. He looked up when he saw me and dropped his phone onto his face. “Shit,” he mumbled. I rolled my eyes and opened my drawer to grab an outfit for today. I heard him move and I looked up at him. He was now sitting straight up, watching me closely. Nasty ass. I grabbed some sweats and a tank top. That’s how I was feeling today. I walked over to the bed and bent over to grab a pair of Jordan’s from under it. When I stood back up, Chris quickly looked away. He was staring at my ass.

            This nigga is pretty chills due to the fact that somebody is fucking after him. And him being here means that everybody in the house is in danger. Ugh. He makes me sick sometimes. So careless.

            I went into the bathroom to change my clothes. “So that’s what you do now? You don’t feel comfortable changing in front of me?” he asked with an attitude when I walked out the bathroom. I shook my head and threw the towel in the hamper. “Chris, I don’t have time to deal with your smart ass attitude.” I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my purse.

            “Look at you looking all sexy going to work. Have a good day,” he said. I nodded my head and grabbed the car keys off the dresser. “Hope you’re enjoying my Porsche,” he added, laughing. That wasn’t funny. It seemed like he was trying to throw the fact that I was driving what was technically his car. “You know what, I don’t have time for your bullshit. Shut the fuck up,” I fussed. He sarcastically cringed, pretending like I scared him.

            When I was about to walk out the room, Jordan was standing in the doorway. He looked terrible. “Ma, I think I’m sick…” he said in an ugly ass voice. Yes he did sound sick. “Well, you can stay home from school baby.” I kissed his forehead and walked out into the hallway. “Bye!” Chris yelled. I ignored him and stormed down the hallway.

            When I got downstairs, Kid and Aliya were sitting on the couch sleeping and Ariel was still sleeping too. So what did her and Jordan decide that today they just weren’t going to go to school? But hey, that’s Aliya’s little sister and not mine so whatever. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and stuck it in my purse.

            I guess I woke Aliya up. “Hey, you off to work?” she asked. I nodded my head. She slid from out of Kid’s grasp and walked over to me. “I didn’t really get to talk to you last night since they just popped up out of nowhere and shit,” she smiled. I just nodded and waited for her to continue.