Part 22

Nerves were on end, that was the easiest part to say as I sat before Petra as she once again played with my hair, a task she seemed to enjoy so I let her do it. Petra and Aro's father were coming today to see me for the first time and I was hoping he had a heart attack. If what Petra and Aro as well as Hermes were right about my appearance then it wouldn't surprise me if he went running for the hills yelling about a ghost. Though something told me the odds of that were slim to none. Still it maybe worth hoping for.

"Our father is very strict and make sure you only answer to the name Diana." Petra reminded me for the hundredth time.

"What is your father's name?" I asked out of sheer curiosity.

"Thranos, he will tell you what he prefers you to call him though." Petra said putting my hair up in what looked to be a comb or decoration of some sort. "You have no need to fear though, Aro and Ares will be close by to protect you I am sure then the priest will come and the wedding will take place."

"She has taken down the British as well as witches, I think it might take a bit more then your father to put fear in her heart." Ares says as he walks into the room and I roll my eyes at him.

"My father has more power then you think, he could kill you both easily and not even bat an eye." Petra said as she gulped.

Petra was full of fear from her father and a part of me wondered if there was more to that story but I wasn't willing to hurt her feelings at all at this point. If she wanted to tell me then she would, until then I would stand tall and strong beside my new friend and soon to be sister in law. That's when we heard a loud knock at the door, Petra froze in place as we heard a few other servants go to the door and answer it.

"Could you have been any slower? The god of death works faster than you!" an older male voice said as we heard the servant instruct him on where to go.

"Well, doesn't he sound friendly?" Ares commented as I look at him with a 'Are you kidding me' looking on my face. "At least he isn't like the queen of hearts and going around yelling off with your head."

Of all the times I have known him I am pretty sure there wasn't a moment as strong as this one where I wanted to slap him upside his head. The man was a murderer and here Ares was making jokes about him, not too smart in my book. Petra gripped my hand as we slowly walked out of my room. Never before did these hallways seem so long, yet today it seemed like they were a vast desert.

"Pray and know you will be fine." Petra repeated the words to herself as she closed her eyes.

Finally half way down the hall we stop in front of the large greeting room as I called it since there really was no other use for it at all. Petra put her hand on the marble door and looked as though she was trying to gather her strength as she slowly pushed it open. Once the doors were opened there was Aro and their father standing and talking about god only knows what, I hadn't been paying attention to them since I was more worried about Petra. I watched as she bowed just a little then immediately went to a seat as Ares went off to the side to act like a guard. Great, now I really feel like I am on my own.

"Father, may I present Diana of Thebes, she is to become my wife this very day." Aro said as he walked up to me and took my hand as he lead me forward to a man I did not know but already despised.

"Hmm, you chose her, even after numerous nobles women have come forward and asked to join our lineage? Not a intelligent move Aro." Thranos said as he looked me over.

Ok now I had a new guy I wanted to punch, then again maybe knocking him backwards into a pillar would do the trick? No something tells me it would just cause trouble and that is the last thing I would need at this point in time.

"She is who I chose, this is my choice father not yours and I will remain by her side until I die." Aro said as he held my closer.

"She just seems as though she would do well on the streets, perhaps even better in Pompeii." Thranos sighed and I was about to move forward but I felt Aro holding me back.

"She is mine father, pure and true not like those you compare her to. I care not for your blessing but have fulfilled my deed as I have presented her to you. We are going to be married now you may either celebrate with us or just leave." Aro said as he took my hand and was about to lead me somewhere.

"All this because you love her, she brings nothing with her, no title nor money, what has she to offer you?'' Thranos said as he looked to Aro.

Aro was about to back talked his father when I caught his head in my hands and made him look at me. This was going to be a little payback of my own though I admit the man did nothing against me I already hated Thranos.

"I have offered him, my heart and soul and all the love I have within me and the future heirs I will provide him with as well as my honor and loyalty to stay by his side for all of my life." I say as I look deep into Aro's eyes.

It is silent for a few minutes then Aro leans forward and kisses me passionately. Pulling away just for a moment he looked at me and smiled.

"Good bye father, we have a wedding to get to." Aro said as we turned and left the room together, soon followed by Ares, Petra and the guards that Ares and Aro had planned on having at the wedding earlier.