Part 11

Abigail's POV

This place was huge, the woman Velinia who apparently now wanted me to her friend told me that I had nothing to fear here sense I was well guarded by a gladiator, she of course meant Ares. Still that didn't help me much, she could dress me up in as many clothes as she wanted but that wouldn't change the fact that I wanted the heck out of here and fast. I knew Ares had reminded me of someone and now I was also noticing how much we were kept away from each other. Not only that but it seemed like I was kept away from Hermes as well.

"Your thinking about the gladiators aren't you? Well let me tell you dear friend, fighting isn't the only use for them, I'm sure Ares and you have been together in that sense." Velinia giggles like a teenager and I nearly fall of the bench I was sitting on.

No we hadn't actually, Ares had kept me close and kissed me a few times and yes they were passionate but I didn't feel love or anything like that. It was like he was hiding something from me or maybe I was just too stupid to realize what he really wanted from me but was somehow withholding.

"I believe my brother's future sister in law is with Ares as this moment but don't go and try to interupt, she isn't a nice woman at all and will demand your head." Velinia sighs as she stands up. "I know you are strong but don't, it will just doom him and you."

Velinia begins to walk out of the hall we were sitting in together until eventually I can't see her anymore. Standing I walk to a pillar and lean against in. This was so crazy in her mind, Ares was now being used just like Hermes and no matter how much she wanted to there was very little she could do to help either of them. Just as she sighed she heard someone enter the gardens beside the hall. Peeking around the pillar she saw the General whose name she still didn't know along with another man and a woman.

"Ever since you brought her here you won't even look at me and we are to be married! What kind of a man doesn't even look at his future wife." the young blonde said as she picked up a vase and threw it against the wall.

Ok note to self stay away from crazy blonde woman who wears way too much pink. The other man who I was assuming was her brother tried to calm her down but there was not calming this crazy chick. Being as curious as I was I stayed to hear what they were talking about.

"Selina, you knew our arrangement was made by my father who is now dead and if I wish it I do not have to uphold our agreement." the general says shaking his head.

"So you will take some whore to your bed? Have her birth your children!" Selina yells as the top of her lungs obvious jealous of whatever poor slave girl the General had taken an interest in.

"That's enough Selina, you came to speak with him and so you have there are other suitors looking for your hand." the other man said as he tried to restrain her and lead her out of the gardens.

For the first few minutes that woman put up a good fight and I thought the unknown man was going to end up with a broken nose or worse. Yet somehow he managed to get her to the end of the gardens where a chariot awaited them. I truly felt sorry for whoever that woman married. They would need a lot of alcohol in their life just to deal with her.

"You can come out now, it's rude to stand there and not say a word." the generals voice called out shocking me as I slowly made my way out from behind the pillar. "Abigail, you really shouldn't listen to others conversations."

Bowing my head I nodded in agreement with him. "Forgive me my lord."

"Alexander is my name and I prefer to be called that, remember that. Now come out and tell me what you heard word for word." he said as my feet slowly had me walking forward.

As I explained all I had heard I asked about Ares and Hermes and the man didn't even deny it. They were being used exactly for the way they thought I were. Anger was running deep through my veins as I turned and was about to walk away.

"You think you can stand the punishment either of the women who are with them will try to give you?" Alexander asked with a grin.

Smiling as I thought of Fred and hopefully if he could still hear me I wouldn't have to worry about that.

"I can handle anything they throw at me my lord." I say as I turn and walk out of the garden.

Rules, that was the only thing they had here I was fed up and remembering I had a job to get back to just made me want to run fast. My first stop was the kitchen as I grabbed a knife and cut the dress with two slits up the sides and from the knees down off. If I was going to be able to fight I would have to be properly dress.

"Abigail, can ya hear me?" I could hear Freds voice not sure how but I went with it.

"Yes Fred, I can hear you, not sure how but what have you got?" I ask as I am looking for the source.

"The mirror you sill girl." Fred laughs and I run over to a mirror that was hanging on a wall and smile when I see Fred. "You want to become a ghost? Your suit is ready and no you wont be a guest but it has a few special items in it that will help you rescue the men."