Part 18

Running, that was very popular right now. Not only to try and find Ares but in order to keep ourselves hidden. Ducking behind anything and everything we could Hermes and I were slowly making our way to where Ares was suppose to be sold soon, which now meant we were racing against time as well. Not that we needed anymore pressure right? I had known this place was big but wow, this was a work out all on its own.  Hermes kept me close trying to dodge the guards the best we could but now we had come to yet another iron door with two guards.

"Two guards, I could take them and you run through." Hermes says looking back at me.

Rolling my eyes I decide on a different route to take. "Why do men always make everything so complicated?" I ask as I rip the slit on the side of my dress high and adjust myself. "Watch this."

Hermes shakes his head but I walk up to the two guards long enough to get them distracted by my um assets and then once they are I take the heads and hit them together and they fall to the floor knocked out.

"I don't want to know how you know to do well what you do." Hermes says as I take the the keys from the guards and open the iron door quickly as we run inside only to hear men calling out for us, well mostly me at this point.

Looking around I could see men and women from every age here. Most of them were chained and put into cells. There was one in the middle of the room though, it was a man and he was sitting on the ground with his head down almost as if he were ashamed or tired. Running past me I saw Hermes run right to the man. That was Ares, well what was left of him.

"Ares, wake up! Come on we have to get you out of here!" Hermes says as he tries the keys we used to open the iron door on he locks that hold Ares.

"I couldn't protect them, not her sister and now not even Abigail, I deserve whatever is coming." Ares said pulling away from Hermes. "Go, get out while you can."

"You fool, who do you think rescued me?" Hermes says as I finally decide to walk up to Ares and lift his chin up.

"You, how they said that you died?" Ares asks completely flabbergasted.

"Yes and we know all Roman to be completely honest and noble, Who are we kidding? Come on we have to get you out of here." I tell him as Hermes finally unlocks the chains just as we here someone talking from the way we came in.

"Hope you two have a plan." Ares says as he stands up.

Looking around the cells I smile as an idea does come to my mind. Grabbing the keys I look at the other slaves in the room. This should be interesting if it works.

"Do you want your freedom?!" I yell at the other slaves who look at me as if I were an idiot. "Then just like us you will fight for it, there are strength in numbers and I can tell you now all of us out number whoever is about to come in here."

The group of slaves yell in agreement as I begin to go from cell to cell and release them. More footsteps are coming from our only exit and I hurry to unlock the rest of the slaves and as I finally get to the last cell I hear a loud, angry roman voice.

"What in the name of the gods is going on here?!" the Roman yelled at the top of his lungs clearly pissed off. "Get back in your cells!"

The slaves just laugh as they close in on him and his group of what looks to be 5 or 6 men. The slaves should be able to take them. The attack starts and these men were brutal. Ares grabbed my arm as we tried to make the escape only to have one of the men grab a hold of my wrist.

"Abigail!" Ares called out to me as he tries to come back and grab me.

"No go, just get out of here!" I call out knowing he needs to escape.

Ares looks back to me with a look f determination but Hermes grabs him and makes him follow the slaves that are managing to escape. Knowing Ares didn't want to leave me did make my heart hurt a little but he had to escape with Hermes. The soldier who grabbed me pulled me in the opposite direction that the soldiers were pulling the other slaves and before I know it we are alone in a room together. Oh god what was this jerk planning to do to me. I really wish Ares or Hermes were here right now.

"A beautiful girl all to myself, isn't today my lucky day!" the soldier said as he rushed forward and me but I managed to dodge him just to get to the locked door.

"ARO! PETRA HELP ME!" I called out at the to of my lungs already knowing that more then likely help would not be coming to save me.

"No one to save you." the solider says grabbing me by my neck and forcing me away from the door. "Don't worry it'll be over quick and you'll be dead afterwards."

Dead? Oh heck no! I begin trying to fight him and I have to admit in a dress that isn't the easiest thing t fight in. He manages to take me on quite well even for my skills until he decides to cheat and hits my head against a wall. My vision starts to become blurry and I can feel his hot breath upon my neck as I begin to pray for anyone to save me. Just then I can hear the door break open.

"Release my woman!" I hear a loud thundering loud voice. "How dare you dishonor her in such a way, I will have you head for this."

Those are the last word I hear before my vision goes back and my body falls down to the sandy ground beneath my feet. What would become of me now?

(Abigail's Costume Pictured Above)