Part 7

Abigail Pov

The next morning I was stuck in the Lady of the House's room. Watching as she tried on new dresses while making sure I kept down what was in my stomach. Breakfast was good on the way down now on the way out, well I didn't want to know how that was. I watched as she switched from the green dress to the light pink one thinking to myself I could easily push her out a window...with my luck though I would get caught.

"You were able to help Hermes last night, for once he was able to do what I requested." the lady said looking in the mirror while my hand became a fist under the pile of dresses I was forced to hold. "You may be require to do that more than once, until I tell you that you are no longer needed."

Bile was rising in my stomach. This woman made me completely and utterly sick. I was biting my tongue literally so I wouldn't just start bitching her out. Or worse kill her though that was becoming more tempting by the second. Hermes didn't want her to give birth to his child, poor man already had a wife and son in the ground all because of the whore before me. That's when there was a knock on the door and my heart stopped.

"Enter." she replied simply not even looking to see who entered.

"Mistress, the guests are here, Cleo is looking for you to help her with her needs as well as her husband." the other servant told the lady and for some reason every bone in my body wanted to run.

"Of course, tell them I will be there momentarily I am simply picking a dress for their entertainment to wear." the lady said as she looked me dead in the eyes, crap why do I think I am the entertainment?

The servant bowed and left the room thats when the lady handed me the green dress. Gulping I looked up at her confused. What the heck was she dressing me up for? I am not a barbie doll!

"Green goes well with your hair, make sure you use every asset you can in order to secure your place here." The lady tells me with a grin. "You have five minutes to change, after that come to the hall. If you dare disobey me I will see Ares and Hermes hung."

What the hell was wrong with this woman?! I mean I knew people in this time were assholes but even she put them to shame. Nodding I watched as she left, taking off my dress I quickly replaced it with the green one. Still I wanted to make sure I had something to protect myself with. Looking around the room I found something on the vanity I knew I might be able to use if I needed to. Picking up the long hair pin i touched the tip finding it surprisingly sharp. Smiling I cut off a piece of my old dress and lashed the pin to my thigh that way if anyone was to friendly well they might loose a eye. The door then began to open and I turned around surprised when I saw Ares looking at me and he had fire in his eyes.

"She is going to have you sleep with him. You must know that Abigail." Ares said as he came to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"He wouldn't get far then." I say as I lift the dress showing him the pin I lashed to my leg. "I'll kill him if I have to."

"Hermes will be there too, if I hear you yell or scream I will come running and save you I promise." Ares says and that's when my memory flickers again, I swear this man reminds me of someone but I dare not say who for the memories are far too painful. "Abigail, promise me you will scream."

"I swear Ares, I will scream if I need you." I say as we hear someone clear their throat.

Before I turn to walk out of the room Ares grabs me and kisses me very passionately not caring who might come and see us, even though we are in the mistresses room. Kissing him back had become something natural and even something I was comfortable doing.

"Be safe." Ares says pressing his forehead against mine.

"I will, I swear." I tell him as I look him in the eyes then turn and walks out to the hall to see Hermes there leaning against a pillar. "Hermes?"

"I have to take you to the hall, believe me I don't want to." Hermes says pushing himself off the pillar and walks up to me. "Shes just using you like she did with me."

We didn't have time to talk for we could hear the party had already started without us. Walking into the hall to see it was full of half dressed people made me really wish I hadn't came to this party. Hermes looked to me to see my reaction and something told me I didn't disappoint men.

"We are now cows up for the slaughter." Hermes comments.

"Great...Hermes I don't want to be a cow." I now comment and he just chuckles at me.

After we are introduced to the room I can see two new people dressed up very formal and they wore masks which just confused me even more. I really didn't understand these people at all. we were led to the table and told to stand on the table before everyone. Closing my eyes I steadied my breath as Hermes and I stood back to back so the guests could look at us.

"Are they together or separate?" the woman behind the mask asks the lady.

"Whichever you want, they are flexible." the lady answers as the masks woman looks to the masked heavy man who chuckles, apparently he is very happy with that answer.

"Send them to our room, no matter the price." the masked woman said.

Oh crap! Seriously they just sold us for the night? We are humans there is no reason that this should be able to happen. Oh right, I'm not in my time. In Ancient Rome this was perfectly fine. Still I was sacred to death and stood frozen on the table. Hermes seemed to notice and put his hand on my shoulder and bent down to my ear.

"Let's just get his over with." Hermes stated.