Epilogue

I smile at Declan through the glass at the prison while my five year old son, Cole bounces on my lap.

"And how is my favourite godson?" Declan chuckles.

"I'm your only godson Uncle Declan." Cole giggles.

Declan has been in prison for seven years now so no Cole is not his son. I adopted Cole when he was a year old.

"Still my favourite." Declan says. He then turns his attention to me, " How are you?"

"Good, this little guy starts kindergarten soon. Sebastian says hi by the way and that him and his wife will come see you in a few weeks time."

"That's great." He sighs. "Only ten more years in here and then freedom."

"What are you gonna do?" I ask.

"Study, try and get a job." He says.

I nod my head and smile at him. "Now that Cole is starting school officially I don't know when we can come see you."

"Just pass through whenever you get the chance." He says. The guard calls out saying it's time to go.

I get up and put Cole, who has suddenly fallen asleep, on my hip. "Bye Declan."

"Bye Kifo Nzuri. I love you."

I laugh and say, "цепкий. But yeah I love you too."

We leave. When I get back home I out Cole im his room and get started on dinner when there is a knock on my door. I answer it and the woman standing there smiles at me.

"Can I help you?"I ask politely.

"Yes I'm looking for Kifo Nzuri." She says.

"That's me."

The woman launches forward and hugs me. I can feel tears staining my shirt and she cries out, "Kifzi oh my baby sister I've missed you!"

Realisation hits me and I start to cry too. "Namakau."

[Thank you to everyone who has read this story. I know my writing is horrible but I hope you've enjoyed the story. I told you it wasn't going to end super typical. I just hope you like it as much as I did.
P.S. I do read your comments it's just hard to reply to all of them so please do tell me what you thought.]