I wouldn't have felt needed and wanted. I wouldn't experience genuine happiness and my life would be nothing but mediocre. Then again, if Lexi was my sister, I wouldn't have fallen for her and I would have save myself from this excruciating pain that's deemed to crush my entire being. If she was my sister, life would be less evil. But if she was my sister, then I wouldn't have felt how it is to live.

I guess I should spare my poor brain from squeezing out possible reasons why Uncle Sully kept this as a secret for a very long time. I guess Lexi was right, this is something I would have to face eventually. There's a fear in knowing the truth but it would be stupid to keep running away. There should be a reason for this but I am too scared to know it, and then what? What will happen to Lexi and me? I bit my lip hard at the thought of us breaking apart. I tasted blood and I cringe at the pain. She promised me that I'll still have her and I trust her to keep that promise.

I turned the car and went straight to the mansion.

You don't really know pain until you're staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in your eyes, begging yourself to just hold on and be strong. That is pain.

++++++

When I got to the mansion, it was already past 10 o clock. It was eerily quiet but the halls were still brightly lit. Well it's always like this in here anyway. I suppose Uncle Sully is still in his study because where else would he be? He never spent his spare time in his room. My brain is telling me to crash into my bed and drift to sleep, then maybe wake up tomorrow and expect that none of this happened. But the thing is, my feet were dragging me to Uncle Sully's study. I feel like a magnetic force is pulling me to his study and my feet were too weak to fight the pull. I moved slowly towards the door and stood there for a while. I inhaled deeply and slowly rested my palm into the cold metal knob of his door. The door creaked open and I stepped inside to see Uncle Sully over his desk with a glass of drink in his hand. His eyes lit up at the sight of me like he found a chest of gold after long, grueling years of finding it.

"Gab"

He ran over to me and enveloped me in his arms, holding me tight as if he lost a great possession once and now he finally found it and got hold of it for the first time.

+++++++

With the remaining strength I had, I managed to drive back to my house. It was already past midnight and I can feel the exhaustion in every fiber of my body. I was physically, emotionally and mentally drained and I just want to shut down right at this moment. I climbed off the car and made my way to my door. I fish out for my keys and opened the door, but when I was about to get inside, I heard her voice.

"Gab"

I turned around and saw Lexi in my favorite silk robe. A smile formed in my lips and in the last 48 hours, this has been the first. I tried to push the thought away because this was not a good time.

"We've talked"

She threw her hands around my neck as I absorbed the warmth she brought, with my hands wrapping her small body and instantly I felt relief flood over me. Talking to Uncle Sullivan didn't change a thing. If anything, talking to him made me feel even worse.

I was lying flat against my bed with my hands knotted over my chest. I fixed my stare at the ceiling and started talking. Lexi curled up beside me and listened. She wanted me to rest and even though how appealing sleep was, I couldn't even dare close my eyes with the clattered thoughts inside my head. Plus, I'd like to talk about us. After everything I learned, I fear of what's ahead of us.

"He was in a business cruise when he met my mother. Mom was working at a cruise ship and that's where they met. Typical love at first sight story, although he told me that he only felt that way towards my mother. At the cruise ship, he expressed his strong feelings for my mother but it was cut short because his business trip would soon be over. He was very busy at that time that even though how bad he wanted to visit my mother in her hometown, he couldn't and my mother wouldn't tell him where. Mom feared that Uncle Sully might be like the other men he dated, the kind that leaves you when they're done with you. But after a year when Uncle Sully stepped foot in the Philippines, he saw my mother again and that time, he promised himself that he will do anything to win my mother.