Chapter 24

I woke up with horrible feeling in my stomach and this time it wasn't because of a nightmare.

Gagging, I felt bile rise up my throat, I clamped my hand over my mouth and rushed into the bathroom, emptying my stomach into the toilet.

I heard the faint slapping of feet on tile and Eric pull back my hair.

Once I finished Eric pressed a glass of water into my hands, I gulped it down, my teeth clinking against the glass, as I leant back against the wall, eyes closed.

"you feeling a little better?" Eric asked and I nodded, he picked me up and carried me back to the bed, then leaving and coming back seconds later with a plastic tub in his hands and he put it beside me and kissed my forehead.

"Wake me up if you need anything," Eric whispered settling down with me.

The next time I woke up was to the smell of frying bacon, I felt the same nauseous feeling stir my stomach and I sprung up off the bed and sprint to the bathroom to once again throw up, I had threw up everything in my stomach the first time so it was literally just acid.

A glass of water was set on the side "I've got to go to work but I'll ask Maddie to come and check on you- plus I've told Tori that you're sick and won't be in." Eric informed me as he set up a makeshift bed of blankets and pillows and I nodded, he went to kiss my cheek but I moved my head, I didn't want to infect Eric with whatever bug I had.

"I'll see you later." I mumbled,

The ring of the walkie-talkie echoed through the halls, I stumbled into the living room and answered it, "Sash?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah," I croaked out.

"I only need to know one thing, are you and Eric..." She trailed off.

"Yeah," I sighed, I wasn't externally comfortable with discussing that side of my relationship.

"When?"

"What?" I snapped, before sighing "the date last month, and a few times since."

"Okay- that's all I needed to know, I'll see you in a min." She said and hung up.

I had just finished puking for the second time when the I heard a knock on the door. Staggering over, I opened the door, revealing Maddie, once inside she passed me a box- a pregnancy test- to be precise.

"Maddie, really." I groaned, practically stamping my feet like a little girl.

"Just get on with it, Maxine thinks it's for me." Maddie argued.

I glared at her walked back into the bathroom.

I sat on the toilet, looking down at the test, hoping for that one line.

"Sash, you okay? can I come in?" Maddie asked.

"Yes." I called, she walked in and stopped short when she saw the test in my hands.

"What is it?" She questioned, kneeling down next to me, her back against the shower door.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered, tears running down my face.

"Well, how you gonna do this?" Maddie wondered, this is why Maddie was my closest friend, she could be crazy as hell, but when needed she could take charge of a situation with typical efficiency and lack of fanfare.

I was however different.

"I need to see my brother," I muttered and ran out. Abandoning her.

"Four, are you in there!" I yelled, banging on the door, he opened it and glared at me.