Chapter 23

It had been nearly a week since the game of Dare, and I don't think I ever want to play ever again, the feeling of someone driving rusty nails into my brain at every noise wasn't appealing.

I woke up and Eric wasn't next to me.

Strange.

Confused, I looked around, my eyes scanned the room and they fell on a note that was left on the bedroom table, it was so unlike Eric to leave a note, he normally left a coffee if he went on a run or had meetings, which seemed to be growing more and more frequent. Frowning, I picked it up and unfolded it.

Check the wardrobe x

My eyebrows furrowed together, I got up and ran to the wardrobe, nearly tripping over Diesel in the process.

Inside I saw a black chiffon dress hanging up- attached was a note in Eric's hand-writing.

Wear tonight x

All I could decipher from the cryptic notes left by him is that I'm going somewhere and it requires me to wear a dress.

I hate dresses.

I got changed into regular clothes and rushed down to the hall.

Everyone was sitting at the table when I get there, I look around and try to find Eric but he's done a disappearing act, he wasn't at my table or the Leader's table, which he sat at least once a day. I sat down with a sigh and grabbed a muffin and a banana.

"You okay? You look like you're trying to figure something out?" Tobias asked, tearing off a chunk of apple well.

"Eric has left these notes around and all I can figure out is that it's tonight and I need to wear a dress for it. It's so frustrating!" I explained, picking at the boring bran muffin.

Tobi smirked and shrugged, "no idea."

"Liar, Candor." I grinned, prodding Tobi, "spill."

He passed a small box out of his pocket with a neon yellow post-it stuck to it "well, I don't know what it is but I'm taking you to it at quarter to seven- plus Eric asked me to give you this." Tobias explained, sliding the red velvet box across the metal table and then leaving.

I read the note- I hope you like it x - excited, I cracked it open and gasped, inside was a beautiful necklace which must have cost so much.

Maddie peeked over my shoulder and before saying. "You're a lucky lady Sash." and then leaving.

Shortly after, I left with many thoughts running through my head, I walked in and Tori called me over "hey Sasha, I think you're ready to do your first proper tattoo."

She grinned at my expression.

"A friend of yours- Lynk wants a tattoo of those gashes revealing the symbol on his chest." I nodded and saw Lynk walk in.

Quickly, I washed my hands with antibacterial gel and snapped on a pair of gloves, by the time he actually walked into the booth I was preparing the gun.

"I'm guessing either you know the basic rules of tattooing or Tori just told you." I said and he nodded, I gestured to the chair and he laid back "you obviously know the more bony it is the more its gonna hurt, so where would you like it?" I asked, he took off his top and tapped the right side of his chest.