Chapter 21

I scrunch the piece of paper up into a tight ball and lobbed it in the bin, I pressed my face into the palms and screamed in frustration, I had a customer come in today with a request which felt nearly impossible to complete.

The chair spun around and came face to face with Eric, he frowned when he saw my expression "whats up?" He asked "stressed." I muttered, brushing him off "I'll be fine," he rolled his eyes "sure you will," he said sarcastically "I'll be back in five minutes- be ready." Eric ordered before walking out the door with Diesel at his heels.

I ran to the bedroom and picked out some clothes I had recently brought with my first paycheck, I decided on some high waisted, ribbed skinny jeans and a tight vest top

Throwing my clothes on, I grabbed my boots and slipped the supple leather over my feet, Eric walked in as I was tying my laces.

As soon as I stood up he grabbed my hand and hauled me out of my apartment and we sprinted down the halls, "Eric where are we going!" I demanded, laughing, he looked over his shoulder and smirked, pulling me harder. We ran onto the train platform as it appeared around the bend, it was next to us in seconds, I watched Eric jump in in one fluid movement and I followed moments later, using the handle I swung my body in, smacking straight into Eric I stumbled backwards and I felt my footing go.

Eric quickly gripped my waist and pulled me back to his chest and I wrapped my arms around him, burying my head in it.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded and went further inside the cart.

"Yeah, I'm always too clumsy on the trains."

I sat with Eric watching the dark silhouettes rush past the door accompanied with the sound of crying wind, shivering as the wind bites against my face, he pulled me closer so I was on his lap and slotted his jacket around me with the usual lack of gentlemanly fanfare; it was far too big but still carried his body heat and protected me from the chill of the carriage.

I turned around so I faced him, beginning to study his face while he glared into the Chicago night.

"What?" He asked when he eventually caught me staring.

I shrugged with a smile playing on my lips.

"Tell me." Eric persisted.

I raised a eyebrow. "You're not the only one who can be mysterious, Eric."

He nodded, a mischievous gleam in his eyes, "I can get it out of you."

"I would like to see you try."

Smirking, he kissed from my collarbone upwards, reaching the area behind my ear, but I didn't waiver, even when he bit the same area.

"What were you thinking?"

I shook my head, leaning against his shoulder as he trailed kisses back down, causing me to regret wearing a vest that had a such a low neckline.

"What were you thinking."

His face was in front of mine, his eyes flicking down to my lips.

"That you're handsome."

Eric looked slightly taken back, he obviously didn't expect my answer. "Handsome?" He echoed.

I nodded.

"You're beautiful." He grinned, "as beautiful as a princess."

I laughed, "then you're my prince."

His eyebrows furrowed and the grin slipped from his features "I'm no prince, Sash. I think we both know that."

I turned his face and he looked at me for a moment before pressing our lips together, one of his hands on my hip and the other in my hand as I secured my arms around his neck

.:.

"I hate to say this but this is our stop." Eric muttered, slowly moving his hands from the skin of my hips, and grabbing his t-shirt. "It's funny how I always seem to lose my shirt whenever we make out." He added dryly.

I rolled my eyes "put your top back on." He grinned, striking the stereotypical macho pose before throwing on his shirt. "And Eric, I'm sorry. I'm just not ready yet." He kissed my forehead "it's okay, Sash, we have all the time in the world." I watched as he leaned dangerously far out the carriage. "Where are we going?" I asked, Eric just shook his head before hurling himself into the dark I sighed and took a running leap out the train.

Stumbling slightly, my feet met the grass verge, a faint amber torchlight made a large arc but didn't reach me, I waited until Eric had turned the other way before sprinting and jumping on his back, I felt him tense and his arm shot up and roughly clenched my forearm as if he was going to flip me to the ground, I kissed his cheek "calm down idiot, its me," I whispered, I felt him relax and he let his hand slide down my arm to hold my legs which were wrapped around his waist.

"Sorry, reflex," Eric apologised sheepishly, he began to wade through the field, heading towards our destination.

"The wheel?" I asked and Eric nodded.

He put me down and walked over to the control panel, twisting at several different dials the ferris wheel lit up, basking the area in warm white light "go on," he gestured and I stepped into the spacious carriage, Eric pushed the pulled the lever on the left and I felt a jolt before it lurched into life, I felt my coach rise, Eric quickly hopped in before it was too far off the ground and settled in the space beside me, an arm slung behind me.

.:.

"And that is the Hancock building, most Dauntless have been on the zip line that runs from it at least once," Eric explained, pointing at various places, I grin at his Erudite side- something he doesn't show too often, the wheel shuddered and stop, I groaned and looked down, the height making me dizzy and nauseous, I leant back against him and inwardly shuddered, 'has the wheel broken down?" I managed to get out.

Eric looked down the side and shook his head.

I felt sick and my hands felt clammy, he grabbed my chin "hey, look at me." He said, his surprisingly soft.

"What?" I breathed.

Do you know the Dauntless tradition that you do at the top of a wheel?" Eric asked and I shook my head "probably jump off," I replied dryly, "nope." He replied, popping the p.

"Do you want me to show you?" Eric inquired, I nodded and seconds later I felt his lips on mine, the cart moved seconds later "that's not a bad tradition," I laughed.

The wheel completed a turn and we got off and headed for the train.

"How about we take a different way in?" Eric asked, smirking, we were both standing by the door and he had a arm around my waist, I saw the glass roof sweep beneath us and it clicked. "Really?" I wondered and he nodded and took a few steps backwards and I mirrored his actions, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it "lets go," he yelled over the blaring horn, we threw ourselves out of the moving vehicle and onto the roof.

He was really trying to give me a heart attack.

Eric sauntered over to the ledge and hopped on, he held out his hand. Groaning, I dragged my feet "I hate you." I murmured evilly, "aww, you love me really." he joked, making me roll my eyes.

Eric stepped out into thin air and plummeted towards the ground, I felt my stomach flip and then heard the net springs creak. I sucked in a breath and let myself fall, I felt the net snap around my body and I was flung on top of Eric, I slid to the side and looked up at the stars, "theres Capricorn," Eric started to explain the different consolations to me, soon after I curled up beside him and fell asleep.