Chapter Twelve

"That's new," I muttered in surprise.

Thayne disappeared from the room, his howl of pain echoing in my mind.

Is there anything else the wolfsbane did? I asked my wolf who merely chuckled in response.

I growled. That's very helpful thank you.

Two guards came into the room and pulled me off the table, immediately putting handcuffs around my wrists. They dragged me back to my cell but stopped just outside it.

One guard suddenly brought a collar to my neck and I snarled, smashing my foot into his knee. It snapped backwards and he collapsed on the ground with a howl of pain.

Four more guards rushed over and held me still while the collar was snapped on and chained to my hands that were cuffed behind my back. I was growling and thrashing the entire time but it did nothing to stop them.

I was shoved into the cell roughly, then whipped around just as the door slammed shut. Growling under my breath, I sat down on the cot.

What the hell is this thing? I thought, moving around to feel the collar. There was something sharp pressing into my throat, not hard enough to make me bleed but enough that it was extremely uncomfortable.

It will likely kill you if you shift, Aetrix told me.

Wonderful, I grumbled sarcastically. I leaned against the wall with a sigh.

"You look like shit," I hear Elena chuckle. I look over at where she is laying down on her own cot.

"Well I feel like shit so that figures," I muttered.

"What did you do to piss off Alpha Thayne?" she asked, her voice full of amusement.

"What do you mean?"

"He only puts those collars on prisoners who piss him off, what did you do?" she asked.

"Well uh, my blood burned him, I guess," I said, realizing how strange it sounds.

"Seriously? Is that even possible?" she asked, her eyes widening.

I shrugged. "I really don't know."

"Well let me know when you figure it out because having acid blood would be pretty useful in a fight," she chuckled and then rolled over on her cot.

I lied down on my own cot, frowning at my discomfort. I could only lie on my side, any other position and I would crush my hands or stab myself in the neck. It took what felt like hours for me to finally fall asleep.

***

I opened my eyes and found myself staring at the ceiling of Xavier's room. An arm was draped across my waist, but it wasn't Xavier laying beside me.

"Thayne?" I asked in confusion. The next thing I knew, he was hovering above me, his lust filled eyes boring down into mine.

"Where is Xavier?" I asked, panicked.

He chuckled, the sound making me tremble in pleasure and fear. "Don't worry about him, he isn't important," he murmured, pressing his lips to my neck and suddenly my brain stopped functioning. All I could think about was his mouth on my neck and his hands trailing up my sides.

I closed my eyes, relishing the blissful feeling that spread over my body with his touch. Everything was interrupted abruptly as his canines sank deep into my neck.

A scream escaped my mouth, tears running down my cheeks. My neck burned as if it was on fire and I could feel it spreading.

Thayne released my neck and the pain subsided to a dull ache. He grinned down at me, wiping away a few tears on my cheek.

I cringed away from his touch, my lip quivering in fear. He leaned down and put his lips by my ear.

"Now you're mine, and no one can take you away from me."

***

I woke up with a small gasp. Remembering my dream, I squeezed my eyes shut. I shook my head furiously, begging for it to have been simply a dream and nothing more.

But considering my last dream turned out to be true, I was absolutely terrified. I sucked in a deep breath, closing my eyes.

I slowly let it out and my heart slowed. I sat up with a groan, my neck aching from the stupid collar and my arm numb from sleeping on it.

I looked over at Elena who was staring at the ceiling, boredom written all over her face.

"Is there anything that makes time go by faster?" I asked and she snorted.

"You tired of this place already?" She glanced at me and I shrugged. "Sleeping or talking is really the only way," she sighed, folding her arms behind her head and continuing to stare at the ceiling.

"Do you want to talk?" I asked. I honestly didn't really want to talk to her but I knew I was going to go crazy if I didn't do something.

"It's not like I have anything better to do," she muttered.

"How did you manage to become gamma female?"

She smirked a little. "I challenged our old gamma and won, so Thaddeus removed him, made me gamma female, and left the position of gamma open for when I find my mate," she explained.

My eyebrows furrowed as I listened to her speak. "Hey what happened to Alpha Thaddeus?" I asked and she made a face.

"He died like two months ago."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Wait—are you sure he's—how did he die?" I asked.

Elena frowned. "Didn't you hear about it? It was a really huge deal."

"No I had no idea. I was told he had silver poisoning," I said and Elena scoffed.

"Nope, Alpha Thayne killed him."