Chapter Ten - New

I woke up shaking and covered in sweat again. I had no recollection of my dream—or nightmare, but that was nothing new. The arm around my waist was very new though and I almost screamed when it tightened abruptly. I held my breath as I stared at the wall; I could feel every part of my alpha's body pressed right up against my back. Every part.

I could hear my wolf's amused chuckle as I tried desperately not to move. The thoughts of what Xavier might do if I woke him up right now ran through my head and it sent a trill of fear through me. Then I felt a sudden ache between my thighs.

Oh fuck not this again, I whimpered. It was so uncomfortable and left me reeling in confusion. How the hell could I be scared and aroused at the same time? Maybe I am insane.

"What are you thinking about?" Xavier's voice was still raspy with sleep and the sound sent a shiver down my spine.

A blush crept onto my cheeks. "Nothing," I said.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer. "Sure doesn't smell like nothing," he remarked.

My eyes flew wide. There's no way he can smell my arousal, right? My fear sure, but definitely not that.

He chuckled a little and suddenly I had my answer. "Oh my goddess," I mumbled with a grimace, pulling the blanket up to cover my face. Son of a bitch knew exactly what he was doing to me in the library last night.

"Hey hey little wolf it's okay," Xavier soothed, failing to hide his amusement. The blanket slipped back down to my shoulders as he shifted. He lifted his head up and I glanced sideways at him. "You shouldn't be embarrassed."

"This feels like exactly the kind of thing I should be embarrassed about," I growled. And yet the feeling refuses to go away.

"Do you want me to make it go away?"

My head whipped around so fast I heard my neck crack. "What?"

There was no amusement in his tone now. His gaze was deadly serious as it met mine. "You said it won't go away, do you want me to help?"

Oh goddess I said it out loud. I stumbled over my words, panic gripping at my chest. "Aetrix said only your mate can make it better," was the only response I could manage.

Xavier smiled a little. "That's true if you're already bonded to your mate."

"But whenever I tried it just made it worse," I said before I could stop myself. He didn't need to know that dumbass.

His smile widened. "What did you try?"

I froze, completely flustered by the question. "What?"

"What did you do to ease the ache?" He asked.

"What everyone does before they find their mate," I mumbled, my face hot at the admission.

His eyes gleamed as he propped himself up on his elbow and used his other hand to pull me so I was laying on my back. I stared up at him, my breath catching as I came face to face with this beautiful man. My gaze flicked down for a moment and I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. There were scars all over his skin, some even similar to my own and it sparked a deeper desire I didn't fully understand.

His finger lifted my chin, pulling my eyes away from his muscled torso. "Do you want me to make the discomfort go away?"

I felt powerless again, but it didn't bother me as much this time. It felt right in this moment, and I couldn't believe how easily the word left my mouth: "Yes."

And then he was kissing me. It was such a soft brush of his lips against mine before he pulled away, I almost thought he changed his mind. But he just looked over my face again before returning to my mouth with more force this time. The feeling of his lips against mine was incredible, it was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. They were soft and warm, and moved so gently against mine.