Chapter One - New

I am going to post the rewritten chapters here at the end of this book to get some opinions before I delete the old ones (some are not very different but there are completely new ones later). Just let me know if you guys like the extra content and I'll adjust everything, please no one freak out when 30 of the chapters disappear at some point.

***

I knew the 'worst day of your life' was supposed to be relative, but, what would you call it when every single day seemed to be the worst day of your life?

Normal, I guess.

His slap left a harsh sting across my cheek. I fell back hard onto my tailbone, pressing my hand to my face to relieve some of the burning. My eyes were watering but I blinked back the tears. He hated it when I cried.

"I apologize Gamma, it won't happen again," I gritted out, locking my eyes onto his shoes. My head was bowed so low that my neck was starting to ache.

"I know it won't," he sneered.

He grabbed a handful of my hair and yanked me upward. I cried out at the pain that shot through my scalp; my hands grappled with his to relieve some of the pressure but he was moving too fast. I struggled to stay standing as he dragged me through the hallway of the pack house. Tears ran down my face as I put pressure on my foot—there was no way it wasn't broken at this point.

My eyes flew wide when we approached a heavy silver door with two massive men guarding it. I started to shake my head but it did nothing to stop my Gamma from shoving me to my knees.

One of the guards forced my hands behind my back and I screamed as silver cuffs were locked around my wrists. The metal burned through the skin and I felt hot blood trickling down my fingers.

The guard pushed me through the door and I started down the stone steps, my shoulders shaking with each sob that escaped my lips. I couldn't hold them back anymore. He shoved me again as we neared the bottom and I ended up tripping over my broken foot.

My shriek was abruptly cut off when my face smashed into the cold stone floor. My sharp canines ripped through my lip and I bit down hard on my tongue.

The metallic tang of blood filled my mouth; I gagged when it started to run down my throat. My shoulders nearly popped out of their sockets when the guard pulled me back onto my feet.

My legs immediately collapsed so he locked his arm around my waist and carried me. I caught sight of bloody bodies in the cells as my own was hauled through the prison.

The reek of rogues hit me like a wave and my nose wrinkled in disgust, a shudder running down my spine. It was the pack prison, where all the traitors, criminals, and rogues stayed until their inevitable executions. They were never set free, but my alpha thought it was entertaining to give them hope.

I was taken to the very back of the prison before being dropped roughly into the silver-barred cell. A sickening crack echoed through the room as my head hit the concrete floor and everything started to fade. I vaguely heard my cell door slam close through the ringing in my ears. I tried to open my eyes but all I could see were black and white spots.

***

"Wake up you fugly mutt!" a familiar voice growled.

My eyes snapped open just as their foot connected with my abdomen. My body curled around it and I gasped at the force of the hit. I would have puked if there was anything in my stomach.

The world spun as I was forced to my feet. I swayed violently and tried to catch myself but only succeeded in burning my wrists even more. I gritted my teeth as my bare knees hit the rough stone floor.