Chapter 35- Do You Miss It?

Jades POV

I walk into my room after assisting Jack with his.
I take off my work cloths and put on a sports bra and white tank top. I pull up grey sweats and roll them so a little of my tummy is showing. I changed my belly ring to a cute dream catcher with baby blue beads. I take off my glasses and put them on my night side table. Giving Spike some water. Spike's my little cacti. I get in my bed and turn off my lamp. I try to sleep but I can't. I open my eyes and look at my ceiling until my eyes adjust. Did I just make a mistake? There's a total stranger in my house. He could be like an axe murderer or something. I don't even know him?! I groaned rubbing my face and rolling over. I subconsciously rub my arms and feel the scars lining around my arms.
Thats when I remembered why I did this. Because I wish I had someone when i was that low. To know someone cares. With that thought I was able to get some rest.

I woke up to the smell of something burning and shot up. I was dazed and confused. But I had remembered Jack and wanted to make sure he was ok. I crept into his bed room but he was not there.
I have a tiny bat behind my back. I'm not usually one for violence but there is still an unknown stranger in my house. I poked my head out from the hall and saw Jack cooking? Before he notices I quickly put away the bat so he wouldn't see. I then walked back in and yawn. He jumps and drops his spatula. He turned to see me and picked it up really fast. "S-sorry" he almost said way too afraid I was going to yell. "It's ok bud.." I turn to the fridge and open it grabbing a glass of orange juice. "So whatchya maken Jack A Boy?" I watched his shoulders tense up when I said that. "Ok I won't use that name anymore," I said to let him know he didn't have to tell me.  "but watch you maken home slice?" He looked at the Pan. "Well it was supposed to be french toast but I accidentally burned it...so now I'm making eggs. Because I feel bad for staying here so I thought if I helped make some breakfast-" his speaking picked up and I could tell he felt really bad.
"Hey man it's ok, I love eggs!" He finished and set the plates on my book filled dining table.
I salt and peppered my plate as well as he did.
I pushed my glasses up and after chewing I looked at Jack quizzically, "So Jack. What are your plans? Do you live in Massachusetts or?" He took a second to swallow his food.
"I live in Ireland." I almost chocked on my orange juice. I knew he was Irish, but that is so not what I imagined.
"Woah how is it? I've always wanted to go? And why are you so far away from home? If you don't mind me asking." He smiled as if he was going to say he didn't mind. "It's nice when its not raining...but that's like 2 days every 16 years." He chuckled. "And I was at Pax East doing a Panel" he looked down when he said panel. Maybe he was thinking of his friend.
"That's so cool!" I paused. "When are you going back?" I realized what I had said. "I-I-I me-mean I'm not trying to ki-kick you out I was just c-curious" I stuttered in embarrassment. He smiled and nodded his head. "It's fine" he said "And I was technically supposed to fly back to LA and stay there for another month and then go back. But the LA thing isn't happening any more... so I mean once I buy a ticket I can go back." He finished by shoving a pile of food in his mouth. I made a frowny face, "Ok but we better keep in touch." I giggled.
He laughed and nodded.
I checked the clock. 12:37. "When will I ever get up at a normal time... the world may never know" I mumbled which earned a laugh from Jack.
"Did you want to do anything today? All I had planned was rereading one of these books.." I gestured to one of the many books stacked around my whole entire apartment. He put his hand on his chin. "I could use a shower?" He stopped. "If th-thats ok with you.." Woah he really thinks he's being rude. Man I swear these things are ok.
"Its no problem I'll show you where the towels are but I ask of you one thing?" He tilted his head. "I'd like to check your wounds and maybe even reapply bandages if I need to." His eyes went wide but then he nodded. He followed me down the hall and past our rooms to a tiny closet which held all my towels. I gave him a white one and I did a turn around motion with my hand so he knew we had to go back. He turned on his heels and walked towards our rooms. "That one right there" I pointed to the door between our rooms on the opposite wall. He walked in and sat on the toilet. I put the towel on the sink and went under the cabinet to get a bunch of cleaning supplies and ace bandages for later.
"Thats a lot of ace bandages." He said.
"I'm always prepared just in case." I said just above a whisper. I started to un bandage his legs. "I'm sorry.." he said. "Do.." he stopped as if he was wondering if what he was going to say would push any boundaries. "Do you miss it?" He asked a question so bland it could mean anything but I knew what he was talking about. "Yes.." I said remaining eye contact with the floor tile and maybe his bandages that I was removing. "Every day." I finished. While un raveling his bandages I looked at my arms and I felt a tiny pit in my stomach.
Boy do I miss it..
I snapped out of my thoughts once I had finished un raveling Jack's last arm.
"Your legs seem to be healing up quiet nicely!" I smiled. "But after the shower I'd like to bandage up your arms again. So when you're ready just give me a holler." I said he nodded and I closed the door. And went out to the lounge. I grabbed any book and sprawled out on the couch. I licked my finger and turned the page. "Chapter one" I sang out loud. And began reading.

Before I knew it I was being hollered at.
"Jade." Jack called. I finished. I walked over and opened the door he was in blue jeans and nothing else. I grabbed the rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls and went to work. "Its gonna sting" he mumbled back sarcastically and all I could do was smile.

Once I was done I grabbed the bandages and started wrapping them around each arm one at a time.
"Is that good or too tight? Or?" He smiled. "It's fine, thank you." I hummed and nodded.

The rest of the day went by pretty slow. I read two books and Jack stayed in his room watching videos.
I checked on him a few times just to make sure.
Then before I knew it it was 11:03 at night.
I was laying in a position to where I could literally feel it doing damage to my body but I was too lazy to move. I groaned eventually pushing my self up off my couch groove. I walked past the kitchen and saw Jack eating an apple. "Yo, toss me one." He jumped at first once again but then realized it was me and tossed me an apple. "Thanks" he nodded with a mouth full of apple. 
I leaned on the counter and so did he as we ate our apples. He had changed into grey sweats and was shirtless. With the bandages going from his wrists up to his elbows he looked like a fighter. I chuckled.
"What?" I laughed more.
"...oh nothing"
He pouted, and I just kept chuckling.
We finished our apples and decided to watch a movie tomorrow night since it was too late tonight.
We both walked to bed turning off the lights and saying good night as we dispersed off into our different rooms. All I could think about
Was Jack's question.
"Do you miss it?" Ran through my head.
I tried to avoid thinking about it. It got overwhelming and I put my head in my hands. Trying not to let the sobs that racked through my body become audible for Jack to hear.
"I do" I chocked out in just above a whisper.
"I miss it."

_____________
-x