Chapter 30- Bliss

Mark's POV

Bliss. Once again. It played as a movie in my head. I was with Jack, and we were sad. I went to save him but I fell. I fell and I fell and I didn't stop for a while. I wasn't scared, I was just numb. I remember being surrounded by a cold. It engulfed me. But I couldn't swim. My arms were heavy and I couldn't find the effort to push myself. I cant move. My limbs are heavy. Almost like if someone is holding me down. I started to panic. I felt my breathing become irrational. But then I heard it... Jack's voice.

Jack's POV

I sat in the hospital chair. Dripping wet. A nurse walks over to me. "Sir please change out of those close you'll get sick... It's bad enough that you're not letting us treat you for such a fall."  I grabbed the clothes she had given me. It was a black pair of straight leg jeans, which I hate, and a maroon red jumper. I walked out of the bathroom and sat back down. At first I still refused to look at him. How could I.. I was deep in my thoughts when his heart rate skyrocketed. I got scarred and yelled for a nurse.
"NURSE!" She ran in and went to the meter. She clicked a few buttons and then gave him some sort of sedative to calm him down.

"Try talking to him. Sometimes that helps comatose patients."  I thanked her and she walked out.

"Ok Mark.." I pulled the chair over.
"Let's talk."

Mark's POV
"Ok Mark.. let's talk." I heard him say.

"Well you're in a hospital... if you didn't know that..
and you're in a coma I guess.." he chuckled then paused. "Why is it we're always in the Hospital? This is so stupid I bet he can't even hear me.." no no.. I can please keep going.  He sighed but continued. "You fell over the edge of the bridge and I jumped in after you." He sniffled. He..he jumped off of a bridge to save me? After what I did to him?
"But if you can hear me that's not what I want to talk about." Oh no. "Mark.. I understand. I understand everything. You only dated me out of pity. Deep down you were afraid if you didn't love me something bad would happen to me. You knew that this is how all the movies and fanfictions work and you didn't know what to do. I get that. It's my fault. I'm broken and I can't be fixed. I've been like this for years. But Wade."  He paused. "But Wade is perfect for you, and if he makes you happy then you should be with him. I'd never want to get in the way of your happiness. Never. That why.. that's why I'm going to go. I'm going to go somewhere where you'll never see from me again. So you can be happy." Nononono Jack no please it was a mistake I was drunk I'm stupid I love you Jack please!!! "I love you."
I felt him kiss my forehead and walk away until I could no longer hear his footsteps. Fuck. What am i supposed to do?? I tried to move my arms harder than before.
Wake up wake up I kept trying to say. WAKE UP! I just couldn't... what do I do? I can't communicate, I can't get up, I can't save him from whatever he might do...

________________
-x