Chapter 40- All I Need

Marks POV

Its been a few days since I was discharged from the hospital. I could walk and stand for longer durations of time. I was getting better.
I was standing at the mini fridge when someone hugged me behind.
"Hey Baby" I smiled and turned my head around to meet him. He looked down and I felt his lips graze mine. He let go of me and grabbed a water out of the fridge. "I'm going out for a run you need anything?"
I shook my head no as I watched him run out.
"Have fun!" I yelled.

I slumped on the couch and decided to put a video up. I pulled out my phone and started to record.

"Hello everybody my name is Markiplier and I'm back! Well... technically." I paused to think of what to say. "I'm sorry I've been gone so long I was away...." I didn't want to lie but I also didn't want to worry them. "But I'm better now! I'll be flying back to LA soon and ready go continue uploading. I just wanted y'all to know I wasn't dead." I chuckled and then realized that I could've. "Hehe well that's all I wanted to say I think? But thank you all for those who were patient and all that were worried. I love ya!" I made a big smooching noise and hit end so the video would cut out awkwardly.  It didn't take a while for it to go up but I noticed towards the end of its process a video in my post notifications went up.
It was the green haired boy... I looked at the screen name.. Jacksepticeye...Jack..I clicked it and watched about 30 seconds then scrolled down to the comments.  

A lot of them mentioned me. Did I really know this Jack? Was I the friend he abandoned? Why did he abandon me?

In the middle of my questions my video went up and a bunch of comments came spewing in.

"OH MY GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD 😭😭😭"

"YOU'RE ALIVE"

"We love you"

"First comment"

"Firsdt comment 💕💕"

"ARE YOU AND JACK STILL FRIENDS"

"Second comment"

"IS JACK OK"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN"
"Pro tip"

"Yo what happened"

"Were all here for you"

"DONT CRY CRAFT"

I looked and was stunned that Jack was mentioned so much. I just don't know who he is?

Jacks POV

It was good to be back. Well I mean the smell of rain is always nice. It's so fun watching Jade's reaction. She was like a puppy on the way to the park the whole ride here. She's counted exactly 56 cows and we've only been out of the house twice.
I showed her to the guest room and shes been asleep ever since. Time zones man. I'm surprised it didn't mess me up. I've been living there for months but I guess you know when you know. Lmao that doesn't make sense. ...did I just think lmao? Lmao I hate myself. I grab some more tea and head up to my room. I sit on one leg in the chair and search the inter webs.
"Fuck.." I whisper.

'Markiplier uploaded I'm Alive 56 minutes ago.'

I'm hesitant to click on it. But I do anyway. It wasn't long it was just about how he was ok and that he just had some stuff going on. I saw as the comments were flooded about drama from us. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to see if I had received any messages but I hadn't.

For some reason I became very dependent on waiting for Mark to message me.. but he never did.
Minutes passed and became hours. Hours became days and days became months.

"5 months... I've waited for 5 months for Mark to text me." I sobbed on the bathroom floor.
It was all my fault. All of it. The fall. The hospital.
He hates me now and it's my fault. The only thing thats kept me going is Jade and she's home for Christmas right now. I told her I'd be fine and she believed me but only because I've been clean for 5 months. I don't know how I had maintained such a streak but I had just thrown it down the toilet.
It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. The all too formilliar pain surged up my arm and into my heart. I clenched my fist as I did it again and again. 3 new... fresh cuts.. I cant believe this. I looked down disgusted and I threw the blade in the sink.
"She was coming back...she was coming back in a few hours and I blew it... I made it a whole week alone and I just had to wait two more hours and I blew it." I pulled my knees up to my chest and rocked back and fourth.
The room got darker and darker as time went on as I heard a jingle of keys and a lock turn.
"Jaaaackk I'm hommmee" she chimed. I heard her walk around and started to question my name. I tried to say something but I couldn't. She walked by the bathroom and stopped in her tracks. "Oh bb" she said in a sympathetic voice and kneeled down in front of me. She grabbed my arm as I looked down. "I'm sorry" I worked out with a hoarse voice.
"Nono it's ok" she said grabbing the first aid kit we have under the sink for this exact moment.
She fixed me up and sat next to me for a bout and hour. Throughout the hour I sniffled and coughed from crying and then looked over at her.
"Good?"

"Good." I said
We got up and decided to go out for dinner.
We went to some burger place.

I ordered the steak and fries burger and she got the veggie burger with honey mustard and fries.

The whole time we just discussed her trip and how much fun she had. All I could pay attention to was how her face lit up when she talked about her family. Especially her little brother Ryan.
Of course her big brother refused to attended because he's transphobic. But other than that she had fun.  About an about and a half later we over stayed our welcome and got kicked out.
The placed closed at 10pm and we were there till 10:15pm. I got in my car and she looked confused and then remembered our cars are backwards to theirs. All I could do was chuckle at when she first came she would always have mini heart attacks and yell we we were on the wrong side of the road.

Once we got home. We decided movie night was called for and I picked Star Wars The Force Awakens and of course she brought the weed. I smiled at her and took a hit while the movie started. A short while after I found myself sitting on the couch looking at the TV and at Jade and I don't know if it were the drugs or me talking but examining the friendship I have gained and the belongings I'm blessed enough to own, somewhere in my mind I found that it was enough.

This is all I need.

The End

_______
Cant wait for the sequel I bet-x