Chapter 9- White Walls

Marks POV (I think this is the first time I've written in marks POV soooo :)))) )

Where am I? Am I dead? My eyelids felt really heavy and I don't know where I am. It smells clean? Like hand sanitizer? My other senses slowly started coming back. Sound. What is that? Beeping? Steady beeping? My arms felt uncomfortable, I felt attached to something. They were very uncomfortable. I crinkled my nose at the stench of the strong odor. Move. Move. You gotta move. Then it hit me. Jack.
My eyes shot open, but I instantly regretted it. My eyes naturally shut clenching so tight that I saw stars. I was able to slowly open one eye adjusting it to the light. The white walls reflecting the light 3 times stronger. My vision was blurry and I was seeing in fours. I looked to the side to see a bag hanging with wires running down toward me. I followed the wire down to my arm. I winced. I hate needles. I looked around and took in my surroundings. I was obviously in a hospital. "Jack." I croaked trying to get up but instantly regretting it, a pain surged through my chest causing me to be immobile for a second or two. I looked around thinking what I could do. Finally a saw a button that said "call nurse." I reached for it but no use. It was just out of grasps; so I tried again. On the 3rd try I was able to grab the feathered remote and hit call nurse. Not 2 minutes had gone by for a nurse to jog in.
"Oh good you're up!" She smiled.
She was slim with golden brown hair, she walked over to me and checked my stats. I watched her as she turned my screen and looked through it. Her mouse clicking and rolling in the back round.
"Do you know where you are sir?" She asked her eyes still glued in the screen.
"A-a hospital." I said, my voice was crackled. She looked at me and then gave me a tiny smile reaching over to a cup with a straw. She handed it to me which I graciously took. I must've been really thirsty as it was gone almost as soon as I received it.
"You're at Cali Hope hospital." I nodded as she handed me another water.
"You were in a severe car reck caused by a drunk driver a week ago." A WEEK AGO?! My eyes went wide. She must've noticed my panic.
"You've been out mostly.." I gulped and looked at her. I was in disbelief. Jack what about Jack.
"Uhh my- my friend how is he." I stuttered afraid of the answer I might get.
She looked down then looked back at me, she opened her mouth to say something but then closed it. Oh no Jack please.
"He's.." She paused. I felt my heart sink preparing myself for the worst but how could you even prepare for that.
"He's in a coma, just like you. But...his injuries were more severe than yours, I'm afraid. We're doing everything we can. He wasn't wearing his seat belt which flung his head into the windshield causing it to break, and impact like that... He had severe swelling; which caused a large amount of un-needed pressure on his brain. We originally didn't think he'd make it 3 days but he's proved to be a fighter." She gave me a weak smile. "However, he's still living on machines. And we're not sure when-or ever- he might wake up." She said her eyes full of sympathy. This was so much to take in. I can't let Jack die. He's my best friend. The nurse stayed for about 13 more minutes helping me stomach all this. "Do you need anything dear?" She asked. I shake my head for no. I didn't want to sleep, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to be alive at the moment. I decided to go with sleep seeing as it's like being unconscious, I could avoid over thinking about this for a few hours.
I called her back and apologized. "I'm sorry m'am I'm not sure if this is allowed but can you... can you give me something so I can go back to sleep?" I looked down. I think she realized. She nodded and grabbed a syringe that she filled up with a white thick looking liquid, usually I'd make a joke but I'm just so lost right now. I watched her put it in through my IV. She walked out and turned of the light. "Thank you" I murmured feeling the effects as my eyes fluttered until I could keep them open no more.

_____________
Hey guys how you liking it so far? Let me know down in the comments. The more you vote the more I feel inspired to write :)) also if you love this and like Dan and Phil then check out my Phanfic Danny Boy

-just call me X