Chapter 13- Lonely

Jack's POV

I sigh. It sure is lonely without Mark. I'm sitting up in my bed, staring out my door. Its 9pm. I asked them to leave my door open so more light could flood in. I felt around my face feeling the lip cut and the stitches above my eyebrow. They said that I should be able to leave in 2 days if the stitches on my stomach heal up. They used that kind that absorbs into your skin. I don't want to move because want to get out of here ASAP, and I'm afraid if I move I'll mess up my stitches. I look over to a bag on the visitors chair. My phone is in it. I really want to message Mark, but I don't want to get up. My eyes wonder over to the 'call nurse' button. I stare at it for quite sometime. I could press it and ask her to hand me the bag. But she's probably doing more important things. I don't want to pull her out of what she's doing. I decide not to push it seeing as I'm not worth the trouble. I'm really lonely. I wish Mark was allowed to stay. Just then I look down. My arms.. oh no I'm in a short sleeve gown?! What if Mark saw? What if? All of a sudden a nurse ran in.
"Honey you need to calm down." She ran over to my heart monitor as it I can now hear it beeping faster than ever, but I couldn't seem to calm down. I started hyperventilating and I made eye contact with her. I felt like I was going to throw up so many emotions at once. Her eyes gave me sympathy as she knew what to do. "Hun I'm gonna give you something that'll help you calm down, and it should put you to sleep ok?" All I could do was nod. I saw her turn back around with a huge needle and the heart monitor went even more ballistic. I backed up into the corner of my bed not being able to breathe, shaking my head back and forth trying to say NONONONO and that was all that could go through my head. " Hun hun relax ok? It's not going to touch you, I'm going to insert it through your IV." I watched, still not being able to breath as she inserted the needle through a tube ring to my arm. All of a sudden I felt bliss. My heart rate slowed down, I could breathe, and I got nice and comfy and closed my eyes.

_______________________
Sorry it's so short I just felt like we needed a filler chapter for Jack since it's been a while :)) -X