"Hey"

"Gab"

"I hope you're fine"

Lexi couldn't look at me and decided to turn her back, but then I got hold of her hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Please don't be mad at me. I promise I'll fix this"

"Gab, I'm not mad at you and this is something you and I can't fix our selves. We have to know the truth from your Uncle"

"I know, that's why tomorrow I'll talk to him. I know we'll get through this, I promise"

"Okay"

I leaned in to kiss her bit she turned away.

"Gab no, you are my sister"

"Lexi. That's not even proven yet and I believed it's not true at all. We could all be fussing for no reason"

"But still Gab"

"But I want to kiss you"

"That's incest Gab"

Again, I sucked in a breath as I tried to keep my cool. I've been dying to kiss her at the museum but I was just holding back because I know I wouldn't be able to control myself it things heat up. I've waited for tonight, for this and now I couldn't even kiss her. This will be our last night here in New York and we'd be flying home tomorrow.

"Okay. Can I at least hold your hand then?"

She did not answer but instead she gave my hand a soft squeeze and turned her back on me as she nuzzled on the pillow beside her. Is that it? Lexi's scent filled my nostrils and it's so hard to fight the urge to lock her in my embrace. But if I touch her, she would be mad at me and I don't want that to happen. But then again, I couldn't take it no more. I moved my body close to her and laced my arms around her waist. My face was on the crook of her neck as I savored her intoxicating scent.

Her body tensed and I felt the uneasiness my touch made her, my heart ached.

"Please, just for tonight"

I don't care if I have to beg her because the moment my body came in contact with hers, I was relieved. I felt safe, I felt loved and I felt home.

++++

Two guys from the brood whom by now I knew as Tony and Stefan took our luggage and climb into the car. Tony was driving and Stefan took the front seat. The drive back to the mansion was similar to the flight back to Chicago. Lexi wouldn't talk to me except for the times when she had to. She'd let her stare linger on everywhere or anything but me and to be honest, it's painful. It's like my heart was ripped open and I continue to suffer the deep excruciating pain. If there was one thing I've been craving for, even before Uncle Royce fvcked everything up, it would be Lexi's eyes on me. Her stare was different, it held so much to it. It held hope and promise that I'll always have her. But now, she wouldn't even look at me. I wonder if it's still the same. I tried to start a conversation, avoiding the dreaded topic but Lexi doesn't seem interested on anything coming out from my mouth.

I am not a very patient person because growing up I always get what I want and when I wanted it. Well that would be limited to material things only. And 8 months ago I've struggled to learn how to be patient and it was because of this beautiful woman sitting a few inches away from me. She taught me how to wait, and be patient and I didn't know it would be so rewarding at the end. So I guess I have to do it again now. Lexi's gaze was settled on the road and I think she had no plans on averting it anywhere. We were merely 10 inches apart, so close that I can feel the heat radiating off of her body. But at the moment I feel like Lexi was so distant, like I was a stranger to her and that she doesn't want to have anything to do with me. I bet she'd even talk to a stranger than to me.