Chapter 9

Jacob's POV:

I was at school the next day. Emma was in my room in the morning, but she left a note saying she went home. So, that saved me a lot of explaining the next morning with my parents. Anyways, I walked into school, and everyone was staring at me. I knew they already knew about what happened during the scrimmage, but this felt different. This was more of a 'Oh my gosh, it is actually him!', kind of look. I tried to ignore it, but I was just about to ask everyone what was going on. Until Millard comes out of nowhere.

"You, sir, need to come with me. Now!" Millard says, closing my locker, and grabbing me away. First he scares the living crap out of me and now he just closes my locker before I even got anything out.

"What the heck is going on?" I say, trying to keep up with Millard so he doesn't rip my arm out of it's socket.

"Well, a little someone (can't put birdie...) told me something went on between you and Emma." he continues walking into an empty classroom. I look around to see everyone there, Emma, Olive, Hugh, Horace, Fiona, Enoch, Bronwyn, everyone.

"Okay, what is going on?" I ask, looking at Emma, because I can trust her.

"Well, I guess someone here told you about us." Enoch speaks up, glaring at Emma.

"Chill babe, no need to get mad, it might have slipped." Horace says, which makes everyone look at him, causing both Horace and Enoch to blush realizing what he just revealed.

"Babe?" Millard says, putting his hands on his hips, raising his eyebrow. "Excuse me, how did this happen without me knowing? I know everything!"

"Ummm, off topic. Emma!" Horace says, defensively.

"What is happening? Will anyone tell me?" I say, looking around for a literal answer.

"You know about us Jacob!" Emma says, crying.

"How is that bad?" I hug Emma, rubbing her back.

"We need to leave." Emma says, making her cry even more.

"Look, Emma told you about our peculiarities and now we have to leave. We can't risk anything." Bronwyn says.

"I can keep a secret, I swear!" I exclaim, not wanting to let go of Emma.

"We can't trust you." Hugh explains.

"Yea, we can't trust anyone... " Fiona continues, looking at Hugh.

"Plus, Miss Peregrine said we couldn't tell anyone." Olive adds.

"Did you say Peregrine?" I question, looking at Olive.

"Yea, why?"

"M-my grandfather, he, he. He always told me stories about a bird."

"Let me guess this bird was a woman who could control time and watched over these kids." Horace adds, like he was reading my mind.

"So, your grandfather really was Abe." Millard says. "You weren't lying."

"Why would I be lying?" I ask.

"We knew Abe for a long time and we didn't think he would have children. Grandchildren for that matter. But, anyways, maybe we can trust you." Bronwyn continues.

"Can he come to meet Miss Peregrine?" a little girl asks, coming out of the dark.

"Claire, you know, that would actually be smart." Fiona remarks, picking her up.

"Well, come on then." Millard says opening the door.

"Wait, now?" I question, hesitating to step out of the room.

"No duh, it can mean we can stay. We are technically supposed to be packing. Heh." Hugh says.

"Okay," I answer, holding Emma's hand and walking out the door.

~~~

Okay, so sorry for not updating. I have been really busy, I blame my sister. But anyways, I have a 2  week break so I will be sure to update more often. I am still not used to having to write for more than me so I kind of get overwhelmed with homework and other stuff. Any who, 12 more days for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Merp