Chapter 2

Jacob's POV:

So, that was weird, but now it is lunch time. What I was worried about the most. I walk up to the cafeteria line and get my food. It looks disgusting, but I don't really have a choice unless I want to be hungry for the rest of the day.

I look around the cafeteria for an empty table and then I see someone. To be honest, she is really pretty. This is where everything goes bad and wrong... Brownwyn calls my name and she is at her table. This can go one of two ways, good or bad. But, being me, we all know which way this will go.

"Hey, Jacob, over here!" Brownwyn shouts. I walk over there and see whats his face there too. I think his name was Millard or something. Whatever it is, he is sitting by a girl.

"Hi?" I say, more as a question.

"Guys, this is Jacob, he is new. Jacob this is Millard, Olive, Emma, Victor, and Enoch. Fiona and Hugh are probably together somewhere and Horace is probably asleep in the library."

"Haii!" Olive says, with a smile.

"Have I seen you before?" Victor comments, "Like I have seen you before in a picture?" I just look at him truly confused because I have no idea what he is talking about. I look to see her, or Emma glaring at me.

That is a little weird, but I will pretend that it never happened.

"What is your last name?" Emma asks, out of the blue.

"Portman?" I, sort of, respond.

"No way!!!!" Millard, exclaims. "Is your grandfather Abraham Portman?"

"Why, and how do you guys know like everything about me?" I argued. This is creeping me out a little, and these kids are not normal, at all.

Emma's POV:

Today, Brownwyn brought some new kid to our table today. He was kind of cute, but he looked familiar. I think everyone agreed because I felt them looking at me. Then victor had to ask him about it and that is when it clicked. Millard said in some picture.

His picture.

"What is your last name?" I blurted out.

"Portman?" he responds, more as a question than an answer.

"No way! Is your grandfather Abraham Portman?" the nosy Millard reasons.

"Why, and how do you guys know like everything about me?" he asks, a little bit freaked out.

I get up to leave because there is no way.

People can't know about this. The rumor will spread again. Plus, I kind of like Jacob, he is cute, but that is not the point!

I say I have cheer practice and leave.