Chapter 5

So, thanks to CookieRockz for all the ideas, inspiration, and support. I hope everyone likes this chapter, I have no idea about what I was writing about, so sorry if it is bad. Also, don't be silent readers! I appreciate commenters and would love to hear your guy's opinions.

~Merp

~~~

Jacob's POV:

So, other than the incident earlier, things are normal, yet again. It is like every time I am around one of them things get, peculiar...

Anyways, I got to lunch and decided to not sit anywhere and go to the library to do whatever. I got pretty bored, so I decided to look around the school. It was pretty big, lots of hallways to be exact. I saw all of the groups. The jocks, populars, nerds, bad boys, goth, band geeks, ect. This is just one of those stereotypical schools, everyone is categorized into some group. Yet I have no idea where I belong...

I got home to have one of those random talks parents give.

"Honey, we are worried about you. You seem different." my mom said as I was about to go to my room.

"Mom, I am fine."

"Well, your father and I decided to put you into football. We think it will make you fit in better." she continues, ignoring my remark.

"Mom! I don't even know the bases for football, let alone am I willing to play." I whine. To be honest, I am kind of scared of those guys, also I don't want to make a complete fool of myself.

"Well, they accept anyone who enters, and there is a scrimmage on Friday." she says, walking into the kitchen.

Well, I guess I am part of the school's football team now. If I want to or not.

*Time skip to Friday*

I was, yet again, having a perfect time, sitting on the bench, when life decides that it hates me. Our team was going pretty good, we were only 2 points behind. When our running back decides it is a good idea to run into the opposing team's biggest guy. He twisted his ankle, and fell on his arm. I was the only other option, so the coach decides to put me in. Like, why?

I am just the new kid, who doesn't know anything about football, but no. I have to be a running back. I didn't know what that position was until a day ago, when my dad told me about football. And the worst part is that I have a really bad stomach ache. I feel like throwing up and I have to play.

I was on the field, and we huddled, all I understood is that someone will throw me the ball and I have to run to the opposite side of the field without getting tackled. Easy right?

Wrong. All I had intention to do is to not break anything.

All of a sudden, someone says 'hike', people start to run, and there is a ball coming right at my face. I struggle to catch it, but it doesn't drop. I hear people yelling 'RUN' so that is exactly what I do.

I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, worse than before. It feels like some needle pointing somewhere. I get startled and run the opposite way it points, and sure enough, there is a defending player there.

How did I do that? Whatever that was, if I keep doing the same thing, there is a slight chance of me not getting tackled. So, I keep doing this and then I pass some sort of line on the floor and people start cheering. I stop running, and look around. The whole team runs towards me. People in the bleachers are cheering, and I feel deaf for a second. My stomach ache is still bad, but I don't think I have to vomit anymore.

From what I know, I made a touchdown. And everyone is looking at me in surprise. To be honest, I am just as, if not more, surprised than they are. I have never ran like that before. I guess the adrenaline and fear mixed just kicked in.

We were in the locker room, and everyone was gone, but coach told me to stay after.

"Hey Portman!" he yelled.

"Yes." I reply, getting my stuff together.

"To be honest, kid, I didn't think you had it in you. I was worried."

"I didn't either. I have never run that fast in my life."

"Well, how would you like to be my new running back?"

"Was his fall really that bad?" I ask, my worry being heard by anyone.

"Yea, broken arm and a fractured ankle. So, how 'bout it?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"Not really, see you at practice tomorrow."

It is official, I now have no way out of California.

Millard's POV:

So, I was in the library the other day, just to overhear a little heartbreak. There is no way anything like this will just fly by me this quickly. They obviously like each other and both messed up. My ship will not sink!

Fugh will forever SAIL!!!!!!