Chapter 3

Hugh's POV:

So, it was almost lunch period, and I got a text from Fiona. I was outside, in the parking lot, doing nothing. So what, I skip, but I am a bad boy. Girls love that kind of stuff, especially Fiona. She said to meet up at the library, so I head over.

She is sitting at a table in the corner. She has her headphones in again and she looks up. Her eyes light up when she sees me, and it is just the cutest.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" I ask, smirking.

"No!" she responds, too quickly, and blushes. "I just was waiting."

"Ohhh, so you miss me?" I ask. To be honest, she is really cute when she gets all defensive. It reminds me of that day we met, in gardening camp.

"Whatever." she argues.

*Flashback*

"Hey." Hugh greets, while sitting down next to Fiona. Everyone wanted them to meet. She was The best at growing and he always had the bees. They were the perfect duo.

"H-hi..." Fiona stampers.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" Hugh replies, with his signature smirk.

"I already don't like you." Fiona muttered.

"Why thank you, I try." he responds, sarcastically.

"It wasn't a compliment." she says.

"I know."

They had these short conversations each night at the camp. Everyone's ship sailed. But Fiona was to shy to admit it and Hugh was just Hugh.

*End flashback*

Fiona's POV:

"So, why did you call me here in the first place?" Hugh asks. This is where all my confidence drains out of me, great. I was supposed to be admitting my feelings, but I am not ready. I thought I was, but I'm not.

"I don't know. Why did you come?" I say, stalling the inevitable.

"Because you asked me. Now what sort of friend would I be if I stood you up?" he replies.

He friend zoned me. I surely can't do this anymore.

"I am going to use the bathroom." I say, getting my stuff, and leaving. There is no way I am going back though.

I think this is rejection.

Hugh's POV:

It has been 10 minutes since she left. Usually she doesn't take that long. Not, that I am counting. Did I do something wrong? I was going to confess my feelings and now she ditched me. I have no idea what to do now.

I think this is rejection.