Chapter Thirty-Five: I Am So Sorry.

I Am So Sorry.

We leave for the tournament tomorrow morning. Training was hard this week in preparation for it. Though in my mind it wasn't enough. That explains why I am out running at nine o'clock when I have to be on a bus at five in the morning. I figure if I tire myself out now I might actually get some sleep tonight. Having been jogging for an hour now I decide to start heading home before my mother begins to worry. My feet hitting the pavement is a soothing sound. I never listen to music when jogging. The sounds around me calm me and take my mind off the pain in my chest. It also freaks me out that I can't hear cars or people coming up behind me when I have earphones in. Rounding the corner I see my house lit up. The Michaels house seems to be bustling. Figures are crossing windows. I see a shadow hidden behind the curtains carrying Mason to bed in the top left window. It is a woman. Whether it is Zoe or her mother I can't tell. Through the sitting room window I can see Jayden grimacing as his parents dance around the living room. The scene makes me smile. Dragging my eyes unwilling up to Brandon's window I see him standing. He too is a silhouette from the street. I see his hand raised over his head. Then he throws the quickly to his waste almost in a fit of anger. Then a girl emerges. She slowly places her hands calmingly to Brandon's cheeks pulling his forehead down to rest against hers. He lifts his hands to hold hers. I sprint to my door in fear of whatever is coming next. Slamming the barrier to the outside world behind me I seem to frighten Jessie who is carrying popcorn down the hall.

"You are all sweaty." Jessie turns her nose up at me.

"You have a cheer competition tomorrow. Should you be eating that?" I ask her. She raises her eyebrow at my attitude.

"It's not all for me." She informs me as she goes into the sitting room.

I walk to the door and peak my head around only to confirm my suspicions. Jessie sits close beside Corrie who wraps her arm around her. Rolling my eyes at the two people who would deny their love for each other I make my way up to my room. Passing my parents room I see my mother putting away some of her laundry.

"Are you aware of what is going on downstairs?" I ask her leaning against the doorframe.

"You mean two teenagers watching a film in close proximity. Somebody call the police." She feigns disgust at me while she puts her socks away.

"You are too easy on them." I laugh at my mother.

"They aren't doing anything wrong. It's when they kick Sam out of the room later on tonight that I will be worried." She picks up the laundry basket handing it to me. "Go take a shower and get some sleep."

"You are strange."

"Where do you think you get it from?" She pinches my cheeks she sends me to my room.

Looking in the basket I decide that the clothes can remain there until I get back on Monday. I take a long, hot shower soothing my aching joints. My eyes become heavy from the comforting warmth. I slip into my cosiest pyjamas bottoms as the November nights finally allow me to wear them. Wearing my training top to bed I can't help but think of how much it smells like Brandon. This makes me worry about what is happening just next door. I try to take my mind off of it by thinking of happier scenarios. Jessie and Corrie's wedding. Sam and Zoe's first child. The time I finally get to meet Zac Efron. Though every time I shift in the bed Brandon's smell wafts throughout the room. As I slip off in to a deep sleep my last thought is of our kiss in the closet.

Later on that night I don't wake up to the excruciating beeping of my alarm. Instead once again Brandon's smell joyfully, suffocates me. In a haze I hug my top tighter to my body. I try desperately to return to my blissful dream of his arms around me. I hear him whispering my name into my ear. Then suddenly I jump up as I feel someone place their arm on my shoulder. Opening my eyes I see Brandon standing beside my bed.