Chapter Thirty-One: The Wrong Micheals Brother.

Chapter Thirty-One:

The Wrong Micheals Brother.

Soccer practice. My haven. Where I get to just switch off the world for a while and breath. Where Jayden is just another team mate. Not a dickhead who I want to kill. I feel like I can breath when I am out on the pitch. Which is weird, since right now these sprints are killing me. I finish my round of sprints when I see some of the guys struggling. I decide to join them to encourage them. They seem grateful for it. We make it back together, as a team.

"You ok Lee?" Coach asks when I make it back.

I nod not being able to get any words out. I grab a bottle of water and stay standing. Some off the guys sit down from exhaustion. They will regret that in a minute. I stand off by myself not wanting to talk to anyone on my team. I just wanted to be left alone. I just wanted to play soccer.

"Lee stretch out my leg for me?" Tyler comes up beside me.

Of course I can't say no to him. He lies on the ground and I stretch his leg back until he tells me to stop. Tyler starts talking about how I am a super woman. How I need to start telling him my work out schedule. I just nod along with what he is saying pretending to be out of breath. Coach calls us all in to talk about some tournament in a couple of weeks. I don't really listen though. I just stare at the ground. One of the guys will remind me about it later.

"Sam, Corrie you guys pick teams. Make them even." Coach says.

We all line up in front of the twins. I end up on Sam's team with Charlie and Tyler. Jayden and Elliot face us on the opposite team. It's weird not being on the same team as Elliot. My whole game depends on passing him the ball. At least it's only practice.

The game starts off and I take a step back. Deciding that I want to play defensive for this game. Not really feeling like running. I get some good tackles in and pass the ball off. We have our second striker. Charlie passes him a couple of good balls but he just can't finish them off. This is why I stay back and cover Elliot. Charlie keeps making the calls as he can tell I'm not in it at all.

The game continues with not a single ball making it to Elliot. Which is enough. Our striker will eventually get one in the back of the net. I am standing in the midfield when I see Jayden preparing to make a long ball in to Elliot. Rather then heading back to Elliot I run towards Jayden. Jumping just as he strikes the ball it hits me straight in the face. I fall hard onto the floor. I lie with my face in the ground hearing the guys forming a huddle around me. Sam is on the ground next to me seeing if I am ok. I tell him to get the guys away.

When the path is clear Coach gets on the ground beside me.

"You ok kid?" He asks trying to look at my face but I don't let him.

I have broken out into tears. Not in pain but in pure anger. I am not letting the guys see me like this.

"Tell them it's bleeding I am going to walk off with my head down." I tell him and he understand.

Coach relays the news to the guys. I walk off to the side of the pitch with my back to the guys, who continue to play the match. I stand there for a couple of minutes trying to compose myself.

"Bad week?" Coach appears in front of me pretending to be checking out my nose.

"You have no idea." I laugh at him while he slyly wipes the tears from my face.

"You know the guys won't care if you cry? They all love you. Well apart from Elliot of course." He smiles at me crossing his hands over his chest.