Chapter Twenty-Six: You Taste Like Syrup

Chapter Twenty-Six:

You Taste Like Syrup.

Elliot has been guarding my bedroom door. Ever since we got home last night he has sat on the outside of my door. Telling me to just shout if I need anything. This is the weirdest thing ever. I haven't brought myself to actually go out and get him. Honestly I don't even know if he is still there. I understand why he is sitting outside it rather then inside it. I mean the two of us have never had a conversation in our lives. Also Brandon is sleeping on my floor. I can't imagine he'd want to curl up with him on the ground.

We told Brandon what happened in the car on the way home. He didn't say much on the matter. He didn't really say much at all. I could see him making an effort to not touch me as if he was scared I'd break. When we got home I told him he could sleep in the bed but I could see in his eyes he couldn't bring himself to do it. So this morning I stare at the lump of a boy lying on the floor with my blanket over him.

I didn't get much sleep last night. That is to be expected though. I just lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling wondering what would have happened if Elliot hadn't of punched him. Would he really have done anything? I can't see Jayden ever being able to do that. But that wasn't Jayden last night. He was completely different to the guy I knew. That's what alcohol does though. I have to blame it on the drink. Jayden never would have done anything like that if he was sober. I wonder if he remembers it. If he doesn't remember it do we tell him? Well I think Brandon will have something to say to him.

A soft knock at the door breaks my train of thought. Elliot pushes my door open and walks inside with a tray of pancakes. When he sees that I am awake his eyes drops to the floor. He seems unsure of his next action. After a second of thought he lifts his head again walking to my bed. Making sure not to step on Brandon. Handing me the tray he stands for another second. I say nothing myself wondering what to do in this awkward moment. Elliot finally decides to sit on the bed beside me. The two of us stare at the wall across from us. The tension in the room is suffocating.

"Are you ok?" Elliot finally says something. He whispers to not wake Brandon.

"I will be." I answer honestly. Not really in the mood to open my heart to him. Elliot seems to understand as he bobs his head beside me.

"Do you want me to tell the guys? Or Mam and Dad?" Elliot is trying to do clean up. So I don't have to tell people.

"I don't know if I want to tell anyone to be honest. Nothing actually happened and we don't even know if Jayden remembers any of it." I look at my big brother who is listening intently to me.

"Well Jayden is going to wake up with a black eye. People are going to ask questions about that. Also I really don't think you are going to be able to keep him quiet." Elliot points to the heap on the floor.

"Thanks for punching Jayden by the way. Is your hand ok?" I ask. Elliot shows me the bruises on his knuckles.

"I iced it last night. I will be fine. It's you I am worried about." A silence fell after those words. Neither of us really expecting to ever hear them. With that Elliot stood up.

"None of the boys are home. I don't think they will for a good few hours. We have time to think all this through. But I need to get some sleep first. Call me if you need anything and eat those pancakes before they get cold." Then he leaves. The door is left ajar presumably so I can call if I need him.

This just gets weirder and weirder. My dog appears at the door obviously attracted to the smell of food. She runs straight for me trampling over Brandon. Well when I say trampling, I really don't think she would do much damage. Brandon sits up as I shoo Millie out of the room and away from my pancakes. Closing the door I turn to the half awake boy. He rubs his eyes as he tries to grasp where he is. He spots me in the corner of the room. His smile widens as his eyes reflect what we did last night. Then almost as if I can see him remembering it all his face changes. I sit on the floor beside him. He looks at me unsure of what to do. Whether he should touch me or not. Whether he should mention what happened last night. Before his head explodes from over thinking I hug him. Brandons thoughts melt away as he holds me as tight as he can. Tears start to roll down my cheeks as I grip to the boy.

"Please just carry on like last night never happened. Please just be the person that takes my mind off of it all." I whisper in his ear.

"Well we can pretend that some of last night didn't happen. There's a certain part of last night that I never want to forget." Brandon places a kiss on my neck. "Are those pancakes?"

I laugh at him and pull away from our embrace.

"Elliot made them do you want some?" I ask though I already know the answer.

"As much as I would much rather kiss you I think we should eat your brother's peace offering first." Brandon jumps on my bed.

"So what I'm just your desert?" I question lying down beside him. He has already taken a bite out of one the pile before him.

"The sweetest there is." Brandon leans over me placing a kiss on my lips.

"You taste like syrup." I smile licking my lips.

"Now eat some." Brandon pulls me so I'm sitting up.

The two of us sit eating our pancakes trying to decide what we will watch on netflix though we both know it will be Greys Anatomy. After the food we set up the laptop at the edge of the bed. Brandon lies against the wall pulling me into him. I felt safe in his arms. Brandon pulled my hair away from my neck so he could lie with his lips against my skin. The boy was trying to drive me insane. But it was strange. Even though I had this georgous boy wrapped around me it was now that I could get some sleep. Maybe it was the warmth and safety. In seconds I was asleep.

"Lee. Lee wake the hell up now." Jessie was screaming in my face while she shook me.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask but she doesn't answer instead she pulls me from my bed and down my hallway. "Jessie what is going on?"

"That's what I was going to ask you. But first you need to stop Brandon beating the shit out of Jayden." When she says that I rip myself from her grip and sprint outside my house.

Brandon has Jayden pressed up against the side of the house. Elliot is trying to break the boys apart but Brandon simply stares at him confused. The rest of my brother's are standing back in confusion. When they see me they rush towards me I'm sure they want to ask question.

"Lee what is going on?" Zoe shouts at me from her spot beside her two brothers. When she says my name Brandon lets go of Jayden's shirt. He turns to me and stops my tiny fists from slamming on his chest.

"What are you doing Brandon?" I shout at him hitting him on the chest though it doesn't do any harm.

"Lee he came to you room to talk to you. How would you have felt if you were alone?" When he says that my hands fall to my sides. I stare at Jayden. He looks back at me behind his swollen face. Elliot's work. It doesn't look like Brandon has done anything to hurt him.

"Leeann." Jayden takes a step towards me. Bradon steps in front of me and Elliot pushes Jayden back agaisnt the wall.

"Don't make me punch you again." Elliot hisses at Jayden.

Everyone stares at the scene before them in silence. Though everyone did let out a gasp when Elliot admitted to punching Jayden. Zoe looks between her brother's trying to decide which one to help. I stare at Jayden. There are tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry." He says as he turns around and walks into his house.

I grab Brandon's arm for support. Once Jayden's door is closed everyone outside goes into a frenzy of questions. I just stare at the floor in shock. Elliot walks towards me. I raise my head.

"Want me to tell them now?" He whispers. I nod. He wraps his arms around me silencing everyone again.

"Everyone head to the basement I will be there in a minute." He shouts behind my shoulder. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"I'm the only one that was there at the start. If you are all going to be talking about me I want to be there." Elliot releases me. He looks between Brandon and I.

"Ok let's do this."