Chapter Twenty Two: Reversed beauty and the beast.

Chapter Twenty Two:

Reversed beauty and the beast.

Match day in the Carter household is a very sacred day. Even if it is just a friendly we do our routines. The night before the game we all sleep in our training tops. Which is a top that is way too big for all of us with our names and numbers on the back. I could practically wear mine as a night gown. Then we all get up at the same time to go down to get a bowl full of porridge. Not yummy at all but apparently good for you. We all sit in silence around the table.

Another rule about match day. Do not speak about the match until we are in the dressing room. But since that is the only thing running through our minds right now no one utters a word.

Also you cannot shower on match day. You must wait until after the game. So having finished my breakfast I go to get ready for school. Drowning my body in deodorant and perfume. I have an obsession with being clean. This is the hardest thing about match day.

"Hey girlo are you ready to go?" Brandon asks as he strolls into my room. Not knocking by the way.

He realises his mistakes when he sees that I had my top halfway up my stomach.

"It's not like I haven't seen it before." Brandon rolls his eyes as he leaves the room.

Taking off my training top I then throw on my soccer hoodie. The training tops are worn by the partners of the soccer players on match day. That's why mine will never see the light of day. Walking out of my room I see Brandon leaning against the door.

"You are awfully quiet." He points out as me head downstairs.

"Don't worry Jayden told me the rules." Brandon informs me clearly not speaking of what will be happening later on this evening.

When I make it to the bottom of the stairs I spot Zoe standing in front of our mirror. She is trying to make Sam's training top look good on her. Grinning I walk up beside her.

"He gave you this then?" I ask smiling at the girl.

"Yeah he said he doesn't need it." Zoe finally makes it work for her turning to me.

"You know what that top means right?" Zoe's confused look is mirrored by Brandon standing beside her. "He has branded you as his. That's basically a ring on your finger."

Zoe's cheeks roar red as she stares at the ground. Brandon's eyebrows furrow. I don't know why though. It doesn't look like overprotective brother. Anyway he told me he likes Sam. Well I told him he had no choice his sister would be lucky to have Sam.

"Does it really?" Zoe whispers.

Nodding at her I see Kyle and Corrie walking down the hallway towards us. Corrie has his training top in hand.

"Oh so it's official then?" Kyle asks pinching Zoe's cheek.

"She didn't know how symbolic it was until I had to tell her." I informed my older brother.

"Little bastard. He got there first now I've to wait to give this to Jess." Corrie moans throwing his training top on the staircase.

"Why are you guys all gathered in the hallway?" Sam asks as he comes from the kitchen.

Our little circle is hiding Zoe who's eyes have widened at Sam's voice. We all step outside revealing the flustered girl. Sam gives her a soft smile as he makes his way towards her.

"I know she's gorgeous but you don't need to stare guys." Sam stands beside Zoe placing his hand on her back.

Zoe stands speechless.