Chapter Seventeen: Tonights The Night

Chapter Seventeen: Tonights the Night.

The heavens have opened. Water spills from the sky as we all stay in shelter staring out at our poor soccer pitch. All of us are squished together trying to retain some heat. Shorts and rain are not a good combination.

"Will he still make us train?" Tyler asks rubbing my arms to get some heat back in them.

"Aw you have so much to learn." I pat his head. Tyler pouts as he leans his head on my shoulder.

Every training session since the party the two of us have been very close. I look around at the group of freezing boys to see Coach leaning up against the wall. I walk over to him shaking out my body.

"Why are we waiting?" I ask him.

"We are just going to play a match. But we have an uneven number. Sam is gone to get some new kid who volunteered to play earlier on today." He explains as he draws up too teams on his sheet.

When we don't get to pick our own teams you know Coach is starting to choose starting eleven. I stadn beside him looking at the teams. He doesn't even try to hide them from me. Though I may not be captain I have a very vocal role in the team. Coach trusts me to choose a good team and have no favoruites. I see that I've got Dylan and Tyler on my team. Nodding in agreement I look at my forward line. Elliot's name is written there too. This is our starting eleven I can tell. But there's a blank spot on the opposite team. Must be the new kid.

"We haven't got a strong left wing. Apparently this kid has speed we will try him there. Don't kill him Lee." Coach warns me as he writes the name.

Of course.

"You must be Jayden." Coach calls to the boy who just walked out of the dressing room.

"I am indeed Coach." Jayden answers shaking Coaches hand not looking at me. Who is standing by Coaches side with my arms folded.

Jayden is in some of Sam's spare gear. He looks good in a soccer jersey. His shoulders look really good.

"This is Lee. She may be small but she packs a punch." Coach introduces me.

"Oh I know. She is the reason I was almost putting on two pairs of shinguards." Jayden smiles at me.

"It's not your shins you have to protect from her." Tyler shouts from the door of the changing room.

"Just be lucky you're on my team today." I point my finger at him. On that note Coach starts calling teams.

"Is this ok?" Jayden asks beside me. I look up at him confused. "I'm on your territory."

"We need a left wing. If you can help us out of course it is. Just know I won't go easy on you." I tell him kicking his shinguards.

"Wouldn't expect you too." Jayden laughs.

When both teams have been called Coach stares at us in a kind of a 'well go' look. We all look at one another then out at the rain. Someone has got to do it first. On that note I take a sprint out into the rain. Followed by a heard of screaming elephants. I stand on my favourite side of the pich my team surrounds me. We discuss our positions and our tactics. Matches in the rain are my favourite. It's where every one tries out new things. And there aren't many rules. We dont' even tip off Coach simply kicks the ball into the air.

Trying to keep your footing in a pool of mud is a skill. I see Tyler struggling to run in it and keep the ball at his feet. I am just about to go help him out when Jayden appears out of no where and takes the ball from him. Dylan tries to tackle him but Jayden simply twirls around him. Everyone is in shock. No one does that to Dylan. Our right back runs towards Jadyen. I can see that he is going to screw up so I run over and into Jayden's path. I spend a lot of time covering this right backs ass. Jayden gets by him no hassle at all. I can see he is trying to think of a skill to get by me. So I go old school. Runing full speed at Jayden I stop as he tries to go around me. Sticking my foot out I stop the ball dead sending Jayden tumbling over the ball. It's legal, I have the ball.