Chapter Thirty Three - Brothers And Sisters

The scenery was a blur against the speed of the car. Roy had picked Jisha up at sharp six. She had been fidgeting all day and Roy had to calm her nerves with great effort. The ring of her phone was distraction enough. She answered without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jish? Are you okay? Jiya called. She said that last night, you left in a rage and hadn't come home yet. She told me what bhai said."

"Yeah.. Jana, I don't want to talk about that."

"Okay... I just want to know that you're fine and where are you staying."

"Jana, I'm getting married. I'm staying with my fiancé at the moment."

"Jish, what? When did this happen? Is this the same guy the argument was about?"

"Yeah, He's Samarth's boss. He proposed last night, technically this morning. We're on our way to meet his parents."

"Wow, that's pretty quick. Jish, are you sure that you know what you're doing?"

"Yes, I know that he's the best I'll ever find."

"Okay, well do I get to talk to this mystery man?"

"Maybe.." She bit her lip as she looked over at Roy. He smiled back encouragingly. "She wants to talk to you." She mouthed and he nodded. "Okay." She handed over the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, so who is this that I hear has stolen my sister's heart?"

"Roy."

"Roy... Hmm... The name sounds nice." She teased.

"And may know the pleasure of who's asking?"

"Janasvi."

"Janasvi... That sounds familiar...As in Rikhil's Janasvi?"

"I guess you could say so but how do you know Rikhil?"

"Damn... You're Rikhil's Janasvi. He never stops talking about you. Oh my god I'm finally getting to talk to you. What have you done to him? He's head over heels for you."

"Ohkay, but how do you know all this?"

"He's my younger brother."

Jisha smirks at the revelation, knowing very well who Rikhil is.

"The one who started the software company from scratch."

"No. Not really. That's my older brother. But I'm the co ceo. Joined the family business."

"That's still great. Jisha got lucky, aye? Wait, does that mean Jisha got my share of telling off last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean did Rikhil ask you to give Samarth a job?"

"Umm... I don't think you're meant to know that." He looked over to Jisha who seemed content as she stared out the window.

"Just give me a yes or no."

"Yes."

"Okay, well...thank you for not lying. Don't worry, I'll handle all this. Anyway, what's the date?"

"Well, we were thinking of waiting for you guys."

"We'll be back this Friday." Janasvi felt Rikhil rollover in bed. He moved to her side and kissed her cheek before asking her who it was. She mouthed Roy and he gave her a puzzled look before mouthing, 'my brother'. Janasvi nodded before turning the speaker mode on.

"Hey?"

"Bro? You've been there all along?"

"Don't worry Roy, he just woke up. He doesn't know yet but he's going to get it from me after this"

"Hey, what did I do? What did you snitch about, Roy?"

"I'm sorry bro."

"We'll discuss it later. Let's not spoil their happy moment. They're going to seek your parents' approval for marriage."

"Hey mahn, secrets from you bro...Who's the girl?"

"I am." Jisha volunteered as their phone was now on speaker too.

"Hey... Jisha is that you?"

"Nice! How'd you know?" Jisha's tone was filled with surprise.

"I've gotten far too many threats from that voice to forget it."

Everyone laughed.

"Okay guys we'll let you two off. Good luck and we hope that you get consent... I'm looking forward to performing at your wedding 'sangeet.'"

"Okay. Bye." Jisha smiled.

"Bye"
"bye"
"bye"

Talking to the people she loved had up lifted her spirits far higher. She leaned into Roy's chests and he wrapped his arms around her and placed a kiss on her hair. A small part of her wished that she could freeze this moment to be as it was as perfect as it could ever be. This is who she loved. This was her world. She sighed in content.

********************************
"Bye." Janasvi pressed the end button on her phone before texting Jiya that Jisha was fine.

She looked up to meet Rikhil's eyes watching her.

"What?"

"Nothing." He smiled. He leaned in and lightly placed a kiss on her lips before he reached over and switched off the lamp.

He pulled Janasvi in by the waist, so they would be sleeping in a cup position. He placed a kiss on her shoulder before whispering, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." She laced her fingers with his as she decided against asking him about Samarth's job, after all he had only meant to make things easier for her. But she will call her brother first thing in the morning and explain the situation.

********************************
The following morning, After a lengthy conversation of explaining to her brother, Janasvi managed to convince him that none of what happened was Jisha's fault. Although it meant that he'd be angry at Rikhil for a while, at least it Jisha was given a clean chit.