Chapter Twenty Nine No Strings, No Love

Meow's eyes slowly flickered open and memories of the previous night came rushing into her mind turning her cheeks scarlet.
She snuggled closer into Roy's chest before the memory of Roy whispering the three words into her ear came to her. The three words she'd never expected to hear. The three words that rocked her entire existence on Earth. She sighed, letting her breath caress Roy's bare chest.

Lost in her thoughts, she was vaguely aware that a hand had been caressing her hair. She looked up, startled that he was awake. He held an amused glint in his smile.
She smiled, having been brought back from her reverie.

"I love you,"he whispered as their lips met in a deep and passionate kiss.

Jisha frowned as the meaning of the three words registered in her brain but was taken off guard by the kiss and lost her self completely in it.

No! Get yourself together! You cant give him what he's asking for. Don't lead him on. Get a grip. Stop.

Pulling herself out of her fuzzy thoughts she managed to place her hand on his chest and push him enough for a sufficient gap to speak.

"Wait, I cant breathe." She lied.

Roy swiftly moved down to her neck, nibbling on her skin and placing featherlight kisses in his tracks but she flopped herself back down on the pillow before she'd lost herself in the warm caress of his tongue.

He looked down at her, amused and smiled. She grinned back, her previous thoughts forgotten.

He tucked a stray strand behind  her ear and leaned down, his breath caressing her skin, whispered, "I love you."

She immediately sat up, pushing past him, her brows knit together in desperation.

"No." She closed her eyes in an attempt to hold back her tears.

"No?"

"Yes. No." She whispered.

"Why? What's wrong?" His voice was soft and caressing.

"No. Just no. No strings, No love. You can't fall in love with me. It's a dream that will shatter to pieces before its even realized." She blabbered as thoughts of her past flicked through her mind. She shook her head to clear the thoughts of her past.

"Meow." He sat up beside her and turned her face to look at him.

The moment, the word Meow left his lips, she melted and turned to face him.

She attempted to show a carefree attitude but her red rimmed eyes betrayed her.

He sighed. "Meow, I know there's something you're keeping from me. And it's fine, no pressure." He held her chin, his voice soft, soothing. "But don't run. Don't run from me, from your feelings or your problems. I'm not going to run either, I'm right here. Even if it takes an eternity. I'm going to wait right here until you will willingly open up to me. I won't force you for anything. We could stay this way for as long as you want. But I know that you will one day tell me. Because I know you love me."

Meow opened her mouth to reply but no words came out.

"Shh.. Don't fight it. Just let it happen." He leans forward and kissed her lips softly. "And I know this because I love you."