Chapter Thirty Five Losing Conciousness

Weeks passed like days, days passed like hours, hours passed like minutes and minutes passed like seconds but only while Janasvi and Rikhil were together. All the time basically. They had become pretty much inseparable after the consummation of their relationship. They spent most of their time together, practicing for The Annual Dance Competition.

And finally, the awaited day arrived. The day of The Annual Dance Competition was here, to be held at the Dance Academy of Canada.

TADC is an overall competition between all the students of the dance academy of Canada. It consists of three rounds. One per day.

The first round is judged on coordination, grace, etc. the task was to prepare a dance performance with multiple dance forms without slipping up.

Only 15 couples out of the 100 made it through and as obvious as it is, Rikhil and Janasvi made it through.

The second round task is to portray a story through dance.

Janasvi And Rikhil portrayed the life of a woman. What they go through to survive and the 7 fears of their life. ~~~~~~(If you can get your hands on a video of Mayuresh and Ajisha on Nach Balliye 7 performing the 7 fears of women, please do watch it, it's really beautiful and heart touching. :) If you could also link it here for your fellow readers too. Unfortunately it was taken off YouTube for copyright reasons. :( )~~~~~~~~

On the other hand, Tehja and Vivian portrayed phases a typical relationship goes through.

The third round however was a face off between the two couples who made it through round 2. Need I say who made it through. As cliche and obvious it is, it's true;
Tehja & Vivian
&
Janasvi & Rikhil

That is where trouble came. Knowing Tehja and her antics, she couldn't let someone get ahead of her without a fight. Thus, being the ever hated b*tch she is, she slipped some pieces of glass onto Janasvi's side of the floor while the girls were doing solo face offs'. Janasvi did step on them and cut herself, not to mention how painful it was. But Janasvi didn't dare let anything come between her and her dance. It would not only mean that she'd given up but that she'd brought Rikhil down with her. The one thing she'd rather kill herself than do.

She danced with all her passion. With complete sincerity. And utmost all, Love.

Finally the music slowed and the performance came to a close. A large applause broke through the crowd. She could faintly hear Tehja's curse as she collapsed into Rikhil's arms, losing consciousness.