Chapter Two Flashback

10/03/2016. ~published.

Janasvi woke up to the sound of Jisha--her twin sister-- whispering in her ear, telling her to wake up so they wouldn't be late. After asking for the time, Janasvi head into the bathroom while Jisha left to check on their older sister, Jiya.

Jiya is the oldest, followed by Sameer, and then Jisha and Janasvi,with a three minute difference.

Janasvi went to kitchen once she was dressed--in a beautiful flair orange knee high dress with a black belt--only to overhear Jisha and Jiya's emotional low toned conversation.

"I don't know Jisha, I'm scared.. What if we get caught before she leaves?... He'll never let her go..." Jiya whispers, her voice hoarse.

"Don't worry we'll make it through plus we don't have much of a choice and there will be consequences but it's too late to retreat and if this saves Jana, it's the best option." Jisha dismissed casually.

Jana is short for Janasvi.

Janasvi interrupted their conversation by giving them a surprise group hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, do I really have to go? I can't even imagine as to what will happen after I leave."

"It's for the best. You guys better leave. Do you have your luggage ready?" Jiya changed the subject.

"Yeah, I'm ready"

"Then let's leave." Jisha instructed.

They exchange goodbyes and sneak out the back door. They grab a coffee and some donuts from a cafe and start walking towards the airport. They had more than enough time and one suitcase isn't very hard carry, roll. Janasvi never had a lot of things for herself. Jisha and Janasvi shared each other's clothes, accessories, basically almost everything. They've  been brought up by my their miser distant uncle--Lain, so they've managed to keep peace by foregoing or sharing. The he in the conversation that occurred in the kitchen is Lain. God forbid but if it was legal, he'd be dead long ago. Janasvi wouldn't have minded doing the honors herself. She didn't want to think about him so She put him out of her mind.

As they walked down the street Janasvi spots a street dance competition, just what she needed. She couldn't resist the urge to just run in to join.

"No..."Jisha followed her gaze. "we're late."

"Actually we're not.. The flight is at eight and its seven now.. Plus we only need a half an hour to get there." She stated as a matter of fact, fluttering her eyes lashes innocently.

"Fine but be quick," Jisha huffed.

Without another word she ran into the dance area. A few twirls and and simple moves did the trick to get the opponent to back out. After a while when no one stepped up, She was afraid that this was it-She preferred to continue than win this quick- but then just as she was about to leave, a handsome tall guy stepped up. His eyes locked with hers and before She knew it they were dancing. He was so graceful and miraculously they fell perfectly step in step. How can I not mention, he was gorgeous. His deep dark brown eyes locked with her milk chocolate brown ones. God it was so magical that for a moment she thought she was dreaming. She didn't have much experience with male partners because Jisha's always filled that gap during practice but it all just flowed miraculously with him. The tension was rising in the crowd and she could feel it but there seemed to be no tension between the two of them. They were both good and therefore the competition was tough but she was liking it. She liked the way her dress skirt flew around her as She turned. She liked they way his touch made her skin tingle. She liked the way his eyes locked with hers. She liked the way he guided her throughout as if telling her what his next move was but only through his eyes. They even did a lift. The audience clapped and cheered with all their heart and it was then that she realized it was time to end it. No matter if neither of them had won but it was enough. For the last step, she had her hand in his, and he rolled her into his arms but thanks to her so called awful fate, her HEEL BROKE! She kind of screamed, not loudly exactly but in pure shock and suddenness of the movement. More like a gasp-scream. So instead of rolling into his arms, Shd fell into his arms but he caught her in time so She wouldn't fall back flat onto the ground. She had closed her eyes but when She opened them they locked into his which were already staring at her, Scrutinizing her features. They were both panting hard.It was as if he was scanning every feature of hers and then She realized that she was doing the same but She didn't wanna stop. This didn't seem awkward at all. Good things haven't ever lasted long for her and so how could this. They were brought out of their musings by the clapping and cheering of the crowd. The next She knew, Jisha was dragging her out of there. She was speechless. She heard him shout over the crowd,
"Your foot, its injured."
It was then that she realized the pain shooting through my leg.
"I'm fine," She called back despite the pain.
"Wait I'm hurt," She called to Jisha who was pulling her along towards the airport.
Jisha sat Janasvi down on a bench nearby and examined her foot. She was no medical expert but it wasn't hard to tell since it was turning blue so quickly. Jisha offered her heels but Janasvi refused knowing that her feet weren't in the state to endure heels so She broke off the heel on the other shoe turning it into flats. Yeah, she'd learnt so many ways to improvise. Jisha called a taxi as Janasvi insisted on not seeing the doctor as it would've made them really late and it obviously wasn't like the pilot would wait.
She limped her way through security check and boarding... Once on the plane She searched for her seat number looking at the directing seat numbers written above the seat on the hand luggage compartment. Once She found hers, she carefully placed her luggage in it. She looked at her seat and gasped in astonishment as her eyes met a pair of familiar deep dark brown eyes. She was so surprised that she froze to the spot and next thing she'd felt was an impatient old man poking her leg with his walking stick. He was indicating for her to move but little did he know of the havoc he was creating in her injured ankle. She lost balance and once again fell on him. Yup, this time the him is Mr Dreamy Eyes Dancer, what else can She call him.
He stared immensely into her eyes as if unsaid words had been spoken through them and for a while even She was lost in his dreamy eyes, yup they were totally dreamy.
She was brought back to reality by the commotion created all around her.
"I'm sorry," she made an attempt to stand but failed miserably.
"It's okay, just wait till this clears up." He pulled her back on his lap by her waist.
She was flushed by this action but remained quiet. Maybe he sensed her awkwardness.
"By the way how's your foot, any better?" He changed the subject.
Smart.
"I wouldn't vouch for it actually, it seems to be giving up on me."
Now that the aisle had cleared up I managed to stand up and limp over to my window seat beside him. I have a thing for windows whether it be a plane, car, bus, taxi or even windows at home, I just don't get tired of them, I feel there is a window in everyone's life and it just depends on wether you wish to accept its presence or not. Back to the point, I'm not a fan of closed places.
"Could I take a look?" He pulled me out of my musings.
"Huh... yeah sure,"
He lifted her foot and placed it on his lap.
She was highly aware of how high her dress had ridden by the movement, so she placed an arm on it casually, to hold it from ridding higher. He seemed to have noticed the motion because somethings flickered in his eyes before he shook his head and returned his attention to her knee.

He lightly traced the outline of her ankle.
"There's been internal bleeding. I'd suggest you see a doctor," he gave a sympathetic smile.
"I know, that's how the bruise color is appearing... but I'm sure I'll manage without a doctor." She tried to behave as if it ain't important but he knew as well as She did that it wasn't true. She was somewhat used to bruises and pain but she wasn't gonna tell him that.
"By the way, the name's Rikhil," he offered a hand.
"Janasvi," she returned the handshake.
"Nice name, unique as well," he smiled.
"I could say the same for you," She returned his smile.
They chatted on normal day to day things until She fell asleep cuddling in a blanket They were sharing, with her head on Rikhil's shoulder while his head relaxed on hers. Soon after her knock out he too fell asleep.
Rikhil had woken up before her and had been gazing intently at her while She was asleep.
Her sleep broke when the sound of the pilot blaring on the speakers reached her ears.
They had already landed in Canada.
She limped her way out of the plane and the security check while Rikhil helped her with luggage.
"Thanks," she expressed her gratitude once they were outside.
"My pleasure. By the way, where are you off to?" he enquired.
"Dance Academy of Canada," She answered with a glint in her eyes.
"Is it just a chain of coincidences or are you following me by reading my mind..." He teased. " I'm headed to the same place."
He hired a taxi to the academy and they split the bill.

********************************
A/N:
Firstly, the Dance Academy of Canada is a total work of fiction.

Secondly, I hope you've enjoyed the story so far and I promise it gets a lot better.

Thirdly, my friend pointed out the use of Indian names and I'm sorry but that's how I imagined my characters and if I change them now, it'll be harder to remember. Sorry.

Please vote,like and comment.
Thank you!

Updated as of 21/12/15
Last updated 10/03/2016