Chapter Three Not A Bad Start.

Upon arrival at the Dance Academy Hostel, the ground had slid from under their feet by the news they received;
ALL STUDENT ROOMS ARE OCCUPIED
The rooms were full, now what?
The attendant stared at their horror stricken faces.

"Are you sure? Please check again.. We've come from very far," Janasvi pleads out of desperation.

If Jiya found out that I'm not staying in the hostel, she'd probably call me back. For safety reasons. She already was paranoid about this.

"I am sure ma'am, there are no student rooms available," the attendant retained his formal tone.

Janasvi gave Rikhil a look of desperation, who responded with a shrug of shoulder.

"Are there any rent outs nearby?" Rikhil asked.

"Well there is..." He lowers his voice,"I own an apartment just two blocks from here and am looking for tenants, if you'd like to rent it I don't seem to have a problem. It's a 200 dollars deposit and a monthly 100 dollars, the two of you can split it."

"But hostel rent is 60 dollars a person."

"This apartment is a studio apartment and your 200 is only to guarantee that I'm not wasting my time, it will be returned when you leave provided your rent is paid."

200 dollars, that's a lot. Janasvi checks her purse, 80 dollars. She bites her bottom lip but stops when She realizes Rikhil is looking straight at her.

"It's okay,"Jansvi mutters, trying to sound carefree."I'll arrange my own accommodation, thank you."

"You won't find it cheaper elsewhere for the kind of apartment I'm offering, it's fully furnished and self contained. Take it or leave it."

Rikhil pulls her to a corner by the elbow,"what's wrong?"

"Nothing," She avoids eye contact.

"I know something's wrong and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what." He says his voice barely a whisper.

"It's nothing.. I only have 80 dollars on me and it's not enough." She admits reluctantly.

They walk back to the attendant.
"We'll take it," he tells the attendant and places 200 on the counter.

She stares at him as if he just killed someone.

"No, no, no, I can't take it," She refuses.

"It's alright you can balance it later," he takes the key from the desk and asks for the address.

"But..but you already have done me enough favors,"

"We'll discuss this later," he guides her out by her elbow.

She knew he was doing her a huge favor by making her comply... Obviously it's impossible to get good standard accommodation with only 80 dollars. To think about it food and transportation is out of the question.

She made a mental note to find a part time job and pay him back as soon as possible.

On their way to the apartment, they bought SIM cards at a convenience store.