Chapter Four First Class Dance.

The morning after, Rikhil woke Janasvi up after his shower.

She forced herself to get up despite the throb in her head and walks into the bathroom. She'd hardly opened her eyes. She washes her face and has a quick shower.Once dressed well enough, She walks out of the bathroom only to find Rikhil cooking.

"What's cooking?"

"Pancakes." he responds with a wink.

"What are pancakes supposed to be? I've never tried any.." She confesses as she blushes scarlet.

"Are you serious?" He looked like someone just shot him.

"Yeah, well I know basic western foods like pizza, pasta but otherwise I'm fine with my Roti and Curry or Rice and Dahl." She mutters under her breath.

"You've got to try this." he flips a pancake into the air and catches it on a plate and places it in front of her.

She takes a bite. "umm,nice,not bad actually." She teases.

"Not bad? Seriously? I make the best pancakes in the world." he seemed disheartened.

"I don't think so..."

He puts a hand on his chest and feigns hurt.

"I'm kidding. they're awesome." She confesses. "well I've never had any before so I can't compare but this on its own is awesome."

"Thank you, thank you," he pretended to be honored and bowed.

They left for class after breakfast. They chatted a while on the way and then fell into a comfortable silence.

For some reason Janasvi felt secure when she was around Rikhil.

Whoa! The other students looked good, I mean they looked like such good dancers. They looked so flexible and incredible that for a moment I doubted my own abilities. Well, that was soon proved wrong.

When the teacher arrived, she asked everyone to get into pairs and introduce ourselves. There were a total of 12 pairs in my class.
Zule and Craig.
Shay and Kathan.
Kat and Raymond.
Shaz and Rave.
Layal and Nate.
Nicole and Steve.
Tehja (teh-ya) and Vivian.
Rosy and Daniel.
Jessica and Alex.
Natalie and Derrian.
Jazz and Micheal.
And
Janasvi and Rikhil.

Janasvi and Rikhil, Rikhil and Janasvi. Hmmm... I like the sound of that. Hey, shut up!! Focus!! You can't stray from what you're here for and its better you stay away from guys.

They were then asked to perform couple by couple so they did.

" You all were remarkably good but I'm most pleased with two couples. Tehja and Vivian," the teacher announced. "And Rikhil and Janasvi".

The other students applauded while the four turned scarlet.

It was still a miracle how Rikhil and I just fell step in step without practice whereas we were all clearly aware that Tehja and Vivian were both used to each other's touch. Yes, well it was made obvious when they kissed at the end of their performance and the teacher had to tell them to get a move on. Public Display of Affection, I don't know what to say, quite much disgusted here, I mean no one wants to check out your kissing style.
Anyway, back to the dance I would say Rikhil and I did pretty well. So this was basically
Our First Class Dance.

It was 8 by the time they got back to the apartment.  Janasvi called Jisha and they had a very emotional conversation as she described what had happened after Janasvi's departure. Tears escaped Janasvi's eyes and she knew that Jisha was in the same state as her... She hates to cry but she needs to let it out so she only cries around Janasvi or alone.

Janasvi was reminded of Rikhil's presence in the room only when his arm circled her shoulder comfortingly as he sat on the bed beside her. She leaned her head on his shoulder as his hand tightened comfortingly.

They hung up after a while and Janasvi kinda felt bad because She at least had Rikhil to comfort me whereas her sisters had no one. Once Janasvi was calm... Rikhil asked her what had happened but She refused to tell.

She just couldn't talk about it. She  wanted to tell him but Couldn't muster the courage.

She fell asleep in his arms and he didn't question her further knowing that the silence was more comforting for her.
********************************
Hours passed like minutes when Janasvi was with Rikhil. It was like he understood her better than She understood herself and vice versa. With time they grew closer and Janasvi had begun to forget the past that had been haunting her all this while.

She could tell that their closeness had made a lot of people jealous. It was very clear from the jealousy filled looks they received at times. Plus there were those who were trying their luck to make a pass on them. For instance let's take the incident that occurred the other day when class ended and Tehja just walked up to Rikhil and handed him a paper in his hand with a kiss on his cheek. Later when Janasvi asked Rikhil what was on that paper he told her that it contained her number but he never bothered to give her the call she was awaiting. She sure felt a hint of jealousy but pushed it aside. She sensed that same jealousy in him when Vivian flirted with her. Yeah, well he asked Janasvi out for a dinner date and then a coffee date but She refused both.

I swear there's something up with those two. At first Vivian and Tehja seemed to be in love with each other but I guess being physical isn't the same as being in love.

Little acts like looking out for each other brought them closer and then there was also dance.

It seemed as if time had smoothened her wounds and maybe his as well. They would hardly talk about family unless it was the fun memories they recalled. The sad ones-were the ones they both preferred to keep inside.

********************************
Janasvi woke up at midnight to the sound of Rikhil's coughing. He'd caught a cold. She did warn him not to have cold ice cream in the winter but he didn't heed her words. Instead he bragged about his strong immune system.

So much for that.

Tonight was Rikhil's turn on the bed while her's on the sofa.

"You okay?" She rushed to him.

*cough*cough* "yeah," he managed to choke out.

She placed the back of her palm on his forehead. Damn it was hot. Sbe rushed to grab cold water and a cloth. He objected to her staying up all night just to nurse him but she insisted. Yup, She stayed up most of the night beside him in the bed nursing him. She gave him some medicines and managed to get him to sleep. Soon after him, She dosed off too, beside him, on the bed.
Goodnight....

********************************
A/N:
So what do you guys think? Any better? I hope I'm learning. Please comment your views.
I'm sorry I'm trying to hide her past at the moment but it wasn't to be an effective bomb so I even had to hide her conversation with Jisha but you need not worry because it will all be brought upfront in the upcoming chapters. :D
Please vote, like and comment.