Chapter Nine. The Storm Faces The Sunshine

A/N:
Hey guys, I know this is a very late update but better late than never.
I hope you guys have liked the story so far. I know it isn't very good but I swear it's gonna get more and more better as we go along... Plus I have some exciting chapters lined up in my mind.. Now all I need to do is type it out before I forget half of it...
Anyways, please vote, comment or share if you like or dislike anything.. Please let me know of my flaws so that I can improve on them..
Enjoy reading....!
#bhai is Hindi for brother.
********************************

When Janasvi woke up the next morning, she immediately took notice that she was on the bed while Rikhil was on the sofa. She sat up against the backrest of the bed and gazed over at Rikhil.

You know, I've never been able to share my past with anyone. It's weird how I just managed to open up to him while all he did was sit there and listen. It all just seems so weird yet so normal. I don't know what's up with me... I mean I did tell him that I had feelings for him but I don't see how far this will go... I mean i don't know if I'd ever be able to get over my past... I don't know if I'd ever be able to accept him in my life...in the same bed as me. I don't even know if I'll ever get away from those anti depressants... Yeah... I've been on AD's since Lain came into the picture. I don't know why but I just couldn't get myself to tell him last night, but surely talking to him made me feel better.. A lot better. One thing I know that I've let him down for, is my anti depressants. After what happened to Jisha, I started having panic attacks and anxiety attacks because I've blamed myself for what happened to them all along. I don't know whether I would ever be able to let them go. In a way, it is all my fault, mom died trying to save me, Jiya gave up her life so Jisha and I didn't end up on the streets... And then Jisha gave herself up trying to save me... At times I'm ashamed that I've only ruined people's lives all my life, though unintentionally.

When Janasvi snaps back to reality, She makes eye contact with Rikhil and then quickly looks to the floor, he doesn't look away but smiles and says, "good morning, feeling better?"

Janasvi smiles back shyly, still not making eye contact, "morning, yeah a lot better.."

"What happened to you there? You kinda zoned out for a full five minutes."

"Nothing.. Just thinking about something,"

a phone call from Jisha diverts both their attention and Janasvi leaps for her phone as if her life depends on it. "Hi."

"Hey... Guess what? I'm so happy..."

"I can tell, you sound like you've hit a jackpot."

"I haven't, but Bhai and Jiya have.."

"What do you mean."

"Bhai got a call from this huge-ass software company for a high post and he's been called in for an interview."

"Nice.. Things seem to have taken a turn for the better already."

"Here's the best part...Lain's lawyer called. He's ready to make a deal without any conditions and has volunteered to pay compensation for his acts."

"Oh my god! Tell me you're serious."

"Of course I am."

"Ok wait hold on..." She turns to Rikhil who is smiling and drinking water from the bottle on the bedside table.

"Pinch me.." She holds out her arm and he gently tugs on her skin. "That didn't even hurt.. So is this supposed to be a dream?!?" He only laughs and shakes his head in a no, so She pinches herself hard. "Ouch." He laughs harder and Janasvi makes a baby face and then pokes her tongue out. Jisha giggles on the phone.