Chapter Thirty Two: The Surprise Gone Wrong

Rushing to have everything organized on time as well as not be late herself, Jisha dressed up for the party with her phone against her ear, checking last minute details.

"Yes, he'll be there on time. He just confirmed. Please make sure the lights are out when he walks in... yeah... Thanks." She hung up.

Having finished her look, she turned her eyes from the mirror to her bedside clock and felt panic wash through her.

"Jiya? Are you ready?" She called.

Yes! Was the muffled and exasperated reply from the living room.

Relieved, Jisha picked up her present and walked out to the living room.

"Where's Samarth?"

"He isn't back yet."

"I told him to be home early." Jisha nagged as she dialed on her phone.

"There's no need for that. I'm here."

"Bro, you're not even ready. I told you we've got a party to attend....
Bro, are you drunk? You smell...?"

"Party? What are we celebrating? You sleeping with my boss? Or your boyfriend offering me a job in exchange? You know I really thought I'd earned my way to that job... Maybe the said recommendation was from a company I was previously interviewed at. But I didn't know you slept your way to get the so called recommendation, they wouldn't reveal who it was from. I see why! Is that even something to celebrate? How dare you even?"

"Bro, what are you talking about? I didn't get any favors off him. We weren't even seeing each other until after you got that job. I know it sounds really weird and coincidental but you have to understand, I love him."

"Don't even use the word love. You lust him and his money. For that's what you'd worked for all those years under Lain's custody. I didn't realize before this, how much of a whore he's turned you into."

"Don't say that." Jisha whispered as she fought the threatening tears. "We love each other. We plan to have a future together. This is different."

"We? He has a playboy reputation. And even if he didn't, did you really think he'd introduce a whore to his families and friends as his wife, fiancé or even girlfriend?" Samarth snarled.

The one thing that she'd been trying to ignore all this while was how mismatched their social status and reputation was. He was a big shot millionaire or was that billionaire, regardless, she was nothing more than the whore Lain had molded her into. She stood silent, glaring, battling with herself, trying to convince herself with Roy's own words.

"Jisha... I'm warning you... If you dare see him again, I will, and I mean don't you dare show me your face again... I'll consider my sister dead." With these words Samarth staggered towards his room in his drunken state.

Jiya a silent spectator of all this, finally overcame the shock enough to mutter,
"Jisha, I don't fully agree with him here, but one thing I'll say is that it shouldn't have been his boss, and even if it was, you should've told us earlier." Jiya helped Samarth to his room.

For a moment, Jisha just stood there and watched their retreating figures before a surge of energy flowed through her and she raced up the stairs and into her bedroom, slamming the door shut on her way in. She leaned against it as she fought the overwhelming emotions.