Chapter~Twenty Nine

Dan's P.O.V
I smile kissing Elizabeth's cheek as we go through the shop getting the groceries she makes noises softly.

"Is that so?"

I chuckle getting some bread and muffins before crossing them off the list we continue moving through the aisles. When she squeals I chuckle handing her a toy to distract her while I finish shopping.

"Should we get some ice cream do you think dada will like that?"

Laughing as she looks at me confused I place it in the cart moving on to get some milk.

"Mr. Howell?"

Stopping I turn around seeing Lauren my heart stops as she steps forward.

"Hi can I help you with something?"

"No no I just noticed you walking and I wanted to say hello and thank you again for what you and your husband did for me."

"It's no problem at all we've come to love her very much."

I say moving so she can see Elizabeth who looks at her curiously Lauren smiles gently touching her hand.

"She's gotten so big I can't believe she's almost five months."

"We can't either she's becoming very verbal the past few weeks."

"That's great I know what I did may not be easy to tell her if you ever do in the future but I wanted her to have a happy life. From what I've heard from Janet she's a very happy little girl."

"We're trying our best to give her everything we can and we'll tell her when the time is right, when that time comes if she wants to talk with you and you have no problem with it then it will be her choice. "

"Thank you so much I don't want her to think she wasn't love because she was and is I just wanted the best for her I couldn't provide that."

"I'm sure she'll understands if I were in her position I would be grateful I wasn't just tossed into a trash can or something. An I need to thank you for allowing us to have her I'm going to be honest with you. I wasn't ready for children Phil and I hadn't even been married a month yet when he told me that Janet mentioned to her that you wanted to have us possibly adopt her. I was nervous and scared I was going to mess up big time but she's changed our lives in the best way possible."

"You have no idea how happy that makes me to hear well I'll let you get back to shopping see you at work."

I wave as she walks away I finish with the shopping before checking out pushing the cart to the car. Buckling her seat in I put the bags on the seat and floor next to her putting the cart away before getting behind the wheel. 

"Let's head home cupcake."

She gurgles wiggling her legs I smile driving home when we park in the garage I carry her inside placing her in her swing going back for the bags. Putting the food away I call out to Phil who yells he's in the downstairs study.

"Hey baby we're home."

"Great how was the trip?"

"Good we ran into Lauren and talked for a bit Elizabeth was so good."

"How is she?"

"I assume she is doing well she wanted to thank us again for taking Elizabeth."

"Definitely my pleasure."

He hums I smile kissing his mouth telling him I'm going to put Elizabeth down for a nap.

"Can you help me up the stairs then meet me in our room?"