Chapter~Twenty-Five

Dan's P.O.V
I sit by Phil's bed after laying Elizabeth down for her nap in the pack and play I was able to bring in. Today is Phil's third day in the hospital the doctors think since he lost a lot of blood that he might be out for a couple days. I wish I could talk to him Elizabeth has been a bit fussy since she can lay next to him but he can't talk to her. It's horrible his parents are staying at the house keeping a eye on Rex for me since I'm here all day and late into the evening. I wish they would let me stay at night but it's not possible.

"Come on baby I know you can hear me our cupcake is waiting for you to talk to her she misses your voice and I really do too. Doctors say you should wake up at any time now you'll probably be in a lot of pain but what can you expect from an accident. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you won't be able to go to work for a few weeks."

Rubbing his fingers gently I press a gently kiss to his knuckles watching his face I hear the door open and his mum walks in.

"How's he doing hun?"

"Good I suppose still not up yet I miss talking to him already."

"I know but remember what I told you yesterday you can not blame yourself for this."

"If I would have known he left or took him myself he wouldn't be here we would have left sooner or a little later. It's my job to keep him safe but I couldn't do that I wouldn't know what to do if I would loose them. I know it must be hard for you as well seeing him like this and I'm sorry I just I wish he would wake up."

His mum walks over sitting next to me and wrapping her arm around my shoulder rubbing my arm.

"Dan this is in no way your fault you didn't even know that he was leaving he didn't tell you or say anything. Nobody knew this would happen it's not either of your faults we are all going to get through this Phil is going to be okay."

She smiles hugging me I rest my head on her shoulder for a moment before excusing myself to use the bathroom. Leaning against the door I sigh closing my eyes before doing my business then washing my hands. Walking out I stand next to Elizabeth's pack and play watching as she sleeps her mouth moving slightly as she dreams. I smile softly watching her before sitting back down.

"When was the last time you slept?"

"Tuesday night this happened Wednesday it's currently Saturday so since then well I slept for like twenty minutes on the way home then I stayed up in case the nurses call."

"You need a good nap it's not safe for you to drive without sleep nor my granddaughter in the car as well. You can sleep in that chair or take this little one home it's not good for her to stay in a hospital all day. I or his dad will watch her while you're here but go home okay I want you to get some rest."

"I will promise I just want to stay a little longer then I'll have Janet take us home in the car."

His mum nods her head as we watch Phil I take his hand carefully back in mine and a nurse comes to check his vitals.  I say for a little longer before having Janet take Elizabeth and I home laying Elizabeth in her crib I get the air mattress and decided to sleep on the floor so I can be close to her. Closing my eyes I yawn before falling asleep the tiredness finally winning.

I wake up a couple hours later and I see it's dark outside yawning I stretch checking my phone before looking in the crib. My heart skips when I don't see Elizabeth I run down the steps and let out a sigh when I see Martyn sitting with her and Aaron.

"Sorry if I scared you she woke up and needed a change but you were out like a light so I figured I would change her then brought her down for a movie."

He smiles handing her to me and Elizabeth smiles cuddling into my chest I kiss her head sitting next to him.

"Has there been any news from the hospital?"

"No not yet I've had the phones open all day they promised to call if there was any change. There are some wraps in the kitchen if you're hungry and I made some tea if you want any."

"I appreciate it thank you."

Yawning I look at Elizabeth who gurgles to herself and Aaron smiles babbling along with her.

"You feeling any better?"

"A bit yeah I was exhausted I really needed that nap."

"Well it's good you were able to get some rest."

He smiles I nod my head and my phone rings putting it up to me ear I wait for him to mute the tv.

"Hello Dan speaking."

"Dan he's awake."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phil's awake yay!  I will probably make this book like just thirty chapters which is better then my original twenty-three or twenty-four. :)